A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Fuel and Exhausts

D2 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd September 2018, 11:41 AM

Default 2002 A8 D2 2.8 QS Catalyst

Afternoon all,

I am still going through the list of jobs on the new D2 runabout and have noticed a rattle when cold.

Looking into it more I suspect the cat is breaking up inside and causing the rattle. Interestingly the Passenger side 2nd cat has been replaced but not the drivers side and I am pretty sure that's the problem.

What I wanted a little help on was the correct part numbers. Looking at the car the 1st and 2nd cats on the left and right both are in two sections on the car so you can replace each, hence the 2nd cat passenger side has been replaced.

Looking at ETKA (4D1253058), eBay and the like I can only seem to get the drivers side replacement as one pipe with the first and second cat in one unit, not two parts as is currently on the car.

BM Cats do the BM91085H which appears to be correct but its one whole part, I cannot seem to buy as its actually on the car now.

Not the end of the world as BM91085H is only £150, I just wanted to check with the wise collective I was not going mad here?
2002 Audi D2 2.8 A8 QS - Audi Silver
--

Last edited by Nognar; 22nd September 2018 at 11:44 AM.