A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 26th November 2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian View Post
I think I see the Hand of Salmond (Tolkin reference) behind this! Divide and conquer, maybe his lairdship has been offered a Scottish title by King Alex in Waiting!
Hopefully our Alex will fail in his bid for us to stop governing the UK

We have enough trouble with this lot up here as it is.....

A mini meet in Glasgowshire would be good for me as I'm 2 and a bit hours away but Stoke is a big no at that time of year - just my twopence worth
Old 26th November 2012, 06:58 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloss View Post
Hopefully our Alex will fail in his bid for us to stop governing the UK

We have enough trouble with this lot up here as it is.....

A mini meet in Glasgowshire would be good for me as I'm 2 and a bit hours away but Stoke is a big no at that time of year - just my twopence worth
Until Scotland is independant, I think we need permission from our English masters (the moderators) as any unsanctioned meets could be interpreted as plotting an uprising.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 26th November 2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Until Scotland is independant, I think we need permission from our English masters (the moderators) as any unsanctioned meets could be interpreted as plotting an uprising.
We obviously need a translation on what I said from English to Scottish then Jim, that's not what I said at all. I said that any regional meets are to be encouraged, just not at or around the same time as one that I've tried to organise for all. If the Scottish meet was say in late jan or feb so it didn't clash then noo problem at all. At the risk of fanning the flames yet again I don't really want to spend time organising meets only for people to organise another one at or around the same time that discourages attendance from what has been organised. After all this hassle this year I'm thinking not to bother next year anyway so it won't be a problem you can have as many meetings as you like up there or anywhere else. *sigh*

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 26th November 2012, 07:52 AM

Oops! Dummy's oot...... Toys aw wey....
Old 26th November 2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloss View Post
Oops! Dummy's oot...... Toys aw wey....
Cheap jibe mr sloss and easy to say but how many meets have you been to or contributed to this year to be so knowledgeable? Lol

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 26th November 2012, 08:10 AM

The LOL took the sting out so my toys are still in place.

However I am guilty as charged...... I stopped doing Offroad Club organising years ago as it took up a lot of time, nobody cared and all you got back was bitching.

You are learning that I think....
Old 26th November 2012, 08:25 AM
Banned

Much debate hear but i will side with niel on this. Every one on this forum has been a member for quite some time now and im sure we all know the protocall that there are two main meets in the year and i think the whole reason we are sutch a close group of what id like to call frinds is because we support one another when we need it. Niel has done a lot over the years for the club and pearsonally i think its a tad rude to organize another meet at the same time as an anual meeting that is ment to bring everyone together...there are 12months of the year to organize meets.. Come on guys we are all adults hear.. Lets not turn this into another tyre smoke moment....
Just my 2p worth dont take offence
Old 26th November 2012, 08:48 AM

Er, it was meant as a wee joke! Clearly the wrong thread! No offence intended, Neil.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 26th November 2012, 08:54 AM

But my apologies anyway. I have no intention of organising a Xmas meet, I got the message first time around and fully appreciate the reasons for just 2 major national meets with no competition. And I fully appreciate the work that goes into these meets and have thoroughly enjoyed those that I've attended. The last meet in The Lake District was absolutely brilliant (even SWMBO had a great weekend), so I'm certainly not going to put the continuation of these events at risk by setting up a splinter group.

Back to good humoured banter, eh?