A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 3rd July 2023, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
A silly question about the passenger seat movement control from the rear seat.
Does it have an interaction with the (airbag-related) seat occupancy sensor, or does it just rely on anyone sitting up front shouting "Oi"?
(I think I know the answer to that... )
When the car had the original comfort seats, I can testify that pushing the 'magic' button simply moved the front passenger seat. Hannah (my mate Sue's daughter) used to regularly scare her mum doing that. It also came in handy on one other occasion when transporting someone wearing one of those plastic boots (for a foot injury).

John G
Old 3rd July 2023, 11:45 AM

Hi,
The wiring for the the passenger seat movement control is only an adapter which is plugged in under the passenger seat between the engine for the seat adjustment and the switch of the passenger-seat.
Remove it and use it for your "new" passenger-seat.

If you dont remove the Adapter, the "old" passenger-seat will not work, if you connect it to a car wirhout the switch at the rear-seats.

Regards Stefan
Interior:
original carbon trim; black leather-alcantara seats; extended leather; Alcantara headliner and Grab handles; full electric rear seats; rear-seat-entertainment (Version before 2001); fridge with board-bar; original cushions for rear headrests
Old 3rd July 2023, 01:53 PM

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for this I had come to the same conclusion by looking at the wiring diagrams, however the original seats with the adapter are long gone. I have effectively made a new adapter cable to do the same job
Old 3rd July 2023, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for this I had come to the same conclusion by looking at the wiring diagrams, however the original seats with the adapter are long gone. I have effectively made a new adapter cable to do the same job
Original seats are now with ainarssems and I think they were possibly going to be made into gaming chairs/seats if I remember correctly.
Old 8th July 2023, 09:35 PM

The ecu is dead

Found some corrosion in the ecu connectors and hoped it was this, but no

Opened the ecu to find water damage:

Not much better after cleaning. These still work, so probably aren't the root cause

Corrosion on the connector

Even after cleaning with IPA it is still completely dead. The LWB has a unique ecu and there are none for sale anywhere, nor are there any standard FL1 4.2 A8 ecus available in the UK, although there are some for unpleasant prices in Europe. Luckily Marcel managed to find an FL1 A8 ecu in Poland so we're working on acquiring that. The next struggle of course will be working out how to code the immobiliser, which apparently needs the pin code from the old one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	024.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	29791   Click image for larger version

Name:	025.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	29792   Click image for larger version

Name:	026.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	29793   Click image for larger version

Name:	027.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	29794  
Old 9th July 2023, 07:21 AM

That sounds like a real bummer - but I love your 'never say die" attitude to any '8 problems.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 27th December 2023, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
The ecu is dead

The LWB has a unique ecu and there are none for sale anywhere, nor are there any standard FL1 4.2 A8 ecus available in the UK, although there are some for unpleasant prices in Europe. Luckily Marcel managed to find an FL1 A8 ecu in Poland so we're working on acquiring that. The next struggle of course will be working out how to code the immobiliser, which apparently needs the pin code from the old one
Any further updates on the status of my old LWB?

John G
Old 29th December 2023, 04:48 PM

I miss seeing this about. I still look out for it when I’m dropping the kids to school out of habit.

Hopefully MJ will get “LFO” back up and running in the not too distant future. I really miss the WITW threads but health comes first.

1988 E30 Coupe - Royalblau Metallic

2003 S4 Avant - Light Silver Mettalic

2016 S5 Coupe Black Edition - Ibis White