A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > TT 8N

TT 8N 1998-2006

Old 2nd April 2015, 08:12 PM

Can never remember how to maximise the photos on this forum..
Old 2nd April 2015, 09:39 PM

Cheers all.

Drives really well (sprightly off the line and when in top at 70 on the motorway and put your foot down, shifts very well).

First mod is internal - bought an X-Carlink unit which will give me USB/SD/iPOD and Bluetooth using the original head unit (oh, it's Bose amps as well)!

Will be looking at lowering and spacers next. It is the BAM engine and feels really torquey, but sometime in the future will look at engine mods.
This weekend will be the X-Carlink and good wash and polish plus double check everything (so up in the air, wheels off and check everything over.

Cheers

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 3rd April 2015, 09:21 AM

Looks really original and tidy Andy, I prefer the original design to the newer one too, it was so close to the original concept car

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 3rd April 2015, 10:27 AM

looks good andy, you should have told me though , im sure i have one of those in my boot
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 3rd April 2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
Cheers all.

Drives really well (sprightly off the line and when in top at 70 on the motorway and put your foot down, shifts very well).

First mod is internal - bought an X-Carlink unit which will give me USB/SD/iPOD and Bluetooth using the original head unit (oh, it's Bose amps as well)!

Will be looking at lowering and spacers next. It is the BAM engine and feels really torquey, but sometime in the future will look at engine mods.
This weekend will be the X-Carlink and good wash and polish plus double check everything (so up in the air, wheels off and check everything over.

Cheers
During my last post i was actually trying to upload a photo of my old one but long story short my MAC failed and back up, lost the lot, so if anyone is any good at data recover please get in touch. HDD had a knock..

Back to your car, they are night and day after a remap which makes it another beast altogether. There is a chap called Wak over on the TT forum who mapped mine many moons ago and has done other members to good effect and price. Look him up if you want on the TTOC forum. Good place to be.
Old 3rd April 2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasiliangringo View Post
Back to your car, they are night and day after a remap which makes it another beast altogether. There is a chap called Wak over on the TT forum who mapped mine many moons ago and has done other members to good effect and price. Look him up if you want on the TTOC forum. Good place to be.
Cheers and I have seen a few posts by WAK so will bear in mind.
Regarding your Mac, I can't help so soz.

Got the XCarlink fitted - the hardest part for me was getting the HU back in as the new cables are all on the shallowest side so hard to push in, but eventually managed to do it

No pics of the process but pics of the end result (just got to feed the BT microphone cable but the wife wanted to use the car so had to stop):

Can fed the iPod/iPhone cable into the glove box - again not difficult:

Works a treat so very pleased :P

Cheers

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 4th April 2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post
looks good andy, you should have told me though , im sure i have one of those in my boot

Beat me to it

Nice car Andy, my SIL is onto her second, if I wasn't so lanky I'd consider one myself

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 4th April 2015, 06:00 PM

How small inside are they? I'm 6'4" and had hoped to one day have one, as a bit of fun...

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 4th April 2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmed View Post
How small inside are they? I'm 6'4" and had hoped to one day have one, as a bit of fun...
You'd better get the convertible then lol

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 4th April 2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
You'd better get the convertible then lol

I'm 6' 7" but it's not so much the headroom that's the problem, it's the contortions to get in and out

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra