A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 10th November 2020, 01:48 PM

Default Bought my 1st Audi May 25th 1988

It was an Audi 100
Here's the purchase receipt followed by selling it about 7 months later.
I made a profit of about £400 (almost 10%)
The buyer called me late on a Sunday evening. He was on his way to Heathrow and needed to view it there and then, so I had to hot-foot it over to my warehouse where it was stored.
It was dark, late and isolated. I was not entirely comfortable faced by three foreign gentlemen and a few grand in cash. They were however fine, did the deal, paid and left.
The car was later collected and shipped to Hong Kong.

What is the most ancient date any one here had their first Audi?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Audi-100-purchase.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	24455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Audi-100-Sale.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	24456  
Old 10th November 2020, 02:15 PM

Can't beat your date, but got my first Audi in May 1995. A brand new green A4 1.9tdi FWD with all of 90bhp. Spent 10 months arguing with the dealer about it because it had faults from bumper to bumper (e.g. electrics, engine, paint) and they had excuses for all of them. Finally had to go to Audi UK who thankfully stepped up to the plate and got it resolved. Ended up with another new A4 1.9tdi, but managed to wangle a split rear seat and Kingfisher blue paint job. Total of 364 days and 20,000 miles on the green one cost me £1,000.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 10th November 2020, 03:12 PM

Sometime in mid 1994 I bought a well used B2 90 2L from it first owner, a self employed animal feeds salesman. He was selling it under duress - his accountant promised to resign if he didn’t (the tax deduction was so long gone), but was taking comfort in the fact that it had outlasted three of his business partners Sierras. It had done 235k and was really pretty tidy, though the drivers seat did look a bit “sat-in”. Fully stamped service book and several loose leaf pages. Horrific lifter rattle for the first 5 miles, then perfect.

I did find a tidier seat and fit a new set of lifters, but otherwise I just used it, getting it up to just under 260k in just over a year before swapping it for a slightly newer and much lower mileage B3 with a 2.2. I really wanted a B2 Quattro but even then I couldn’t find one that wasn’t ruined.

There’s been at least one Audi in the drive ever since. Today there are four......

Nick
Old 10th December 2020, 05:15 AM

Default my first audi was a bad experience in 1989

it was a UR Quattro 1985 model 10v

it was so cheap i had to buy it ,
it came from Northern Ireland and i met the guy off the ferry at Stranraer
Yes it was white !
anyway it drove ok, but by the time i got home i was knacked with many loose fillings .. lol
i took it to chesterfield Audi to have it looked at and they said ......
Mr Smith, after test driving this car we think its set up for the race track and not really suitable for normal road use, sorry

so i sold it ..

ive had Audi,s ever since