A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 17th May 2019, 09:14 PM

Default S8 D3 BSM Vacuum system

Hi folks,
Can someone point me in the direction of a circuit / layout of the vacuum pipes on the 5.2 D3 S8?
I can trace these lines easily enough under the hood to secondary air control and the air valves on either air filter housing all originating from the inlet manifold however, vacuum hoses disappear into the wheel arch going somewhere else. What else is connected?
I’m trying to resolve a vacuum leak and when I remove the pipe from the inlet manifold and connect my manual vacuum pump into the circuit there is air getting in somewhere...

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Old 17th May 2019, 09:20 PM

While I am not that familiar with D3 S8, there is probably vacuum accumulator in wheel arch and I think there are vacuum valves for exhaust switch over.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 17th May 2019, 10:10 PM

Thanks for that - I was suspecting that when the miltek exhaust was fitted the vacuum lines may be leaking/ not properly sealed off...
I was hoping to verify that vacuum lines had no other functions outside the engine bay.

Thanks,
Old 17th May 2019, 11:17 PM

Hopefully this should help.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BSMvacuumlines.png
Views:	1653
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	21634  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds