A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Common Faults

D3 - Common Faults Quick links to all known common faults and their solutions

Old 11th February 2016, 05:39 PM

Default Parking sensor oddity

Hi There,

After looking at VCDS / VAGCOM it turned out I had a dead rear right (figured drivers side) which after a bit of looking, playing and getting one off my old S8 loom I had arround, I managed to reach up through a tow hitch type slot (must investigate this further as I have a module and hole for a detachable tow bar?) and push it back and wiggle it out connector and all through another gap in the bumper. Nice and easy to pop off. Tried one of my old sensors and bingo. It works. Irritatingly they are different silvers and the old type have a square centre rather than a round one. But gone is my 2 second beep and then nothing (silly way of doing the system if you ask me). With a bit of touch up paint it will do until I get something better sorted!

I can now back within a foot of something at the rear and get a full beep. WIN
Though I disagree with some of the vagcom readings fin cm of how far things are exactly from each sensor its well within hitting things and much better at judging from my rear view mirror!

However I then tried forwards and got nothing. So i hooked up vagcom again and read the values for the front. One of the centre sensors has no reading in miliseconds and a 255cm distance, which is fixed. Yet no direct error in the faults section??? Am guessing that this sensor needs playing with too now

Lee