A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 5th April 2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
And the best bit is these classic games!
At the mo i got super mario bros 1 2 and 3, space invaders, pac man, paperboy and various others. All play from the dvd rom. Bloody excellent and my 9 yr old is made up with it!
Have you link for these they look good.

cheers trev
Old 5th April 2016, 08:23 PM

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...126983&alt=web

Theres the link. Its the one i got.
Can get 9 inch version for a bit less depending what your budget is i guess
Old 6th April 2016, 08:25 AM

Thanks for the photos, Rick.
This does look like the best way to go, much better definition screen than the OEM.
As I mentioned earlier, my seat backs are different than yours, they do not come up as far as yours, nor do they wrap over the top. I'll have to find some way of routing the cables so that they are not too obvious.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 8th April 2016, 06:00 PM

Ok so i finished with the install today.
Routed the cabling properly, got the av1 and av2 inputs in and topped it off by connecting the dvds to av1 so now i get all screens showing the movie, and then got the video in motion turned on! Not a bad days playing!
I did have a head scratch at first as i was getting sound to the front screen but no picture, but then i remembered (think it was on del's) a post about ntsc not working. So i changed the screens to pal and bingo, picture! Job jobbed.
Just waiting for the dab unit to turn up then back at it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160408_153302.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	322.3 KB
ID:	13063   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160408_171038.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	449.1 KB
ID:	13064  
Old 8th April 2016, 06:03 PM

I hope you have taken pictures for us numpty's? Looks spot on tho!👍
Old 8th April 2016, 06:08 PM

but,

you havent ported the tv through to the headrests though have you
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 8th April 2016, 06:30 PM

No im waiting for the 3rd set of av leads to turn up before i can do that. In truth i didnt know that was an option until i got a copy of the install pins on the av1 and 2. And there was the pins needed for tv out so ordered the 3rd set straight away. Should be monday or tuesday i hope!
As for pics there isnt really much to it.
I ran the cabling from the units (single multicore) down behind my seat back plastics to the bottom.
From the bottom i left a slight loop for seat movement so it doesnt go tight. Where the rear vent is under the seat is a seam where 2 bits of carpet meet so i bedded the cable into that and out under the chair runner and up to the side sill covers.
From there back to the rear seat, pop of the rear sill trim and there is a lovely hole that runs through to the boot in the bottom left of the seat back as you look in from the rear.
From there just route all cabling behind the left side trim cover to the tv unit. I took my power from from the boot 12v socket. Im not going to hardwire it.
That was for the passenger side.
The driver side was the same upto the point of getting to the back seat. From there i routed it across/under the rear seat so it could link with the rca's from the passenger side leads.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160408_181156.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	380.8 KB
ID:	13065   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160408_181138.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	620.5 KB
ID:	13066   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160408_160117.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	436.2 KB
ID:	13067   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160408_160124.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	426.5 KB
ID:	13068  
Old 8th April 2016, 06:36 PM

its a tight squeeze getting all three av's in,
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 8th April 2016, 07:04 PM

Im used to playing with wires in very tight spaces. Thats the last relay room i worked in at forrest hill station. Lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG-20160408-WA0000.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	13070  
Old 8th April 2016, 07:41 PM

its not the pins fitting, its closing the plug back up , all depends on whether you get leads with thick or thin wires.

it was a struggle and i had the wiring loom out , not working in the tight gap