A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 7th March 2018, 03:28 PM

Isn't valeting to do with cleaning? Awaits stereotypical non-PC response from someone.....
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 7th March 2018, 04:16 PM

Thanks. I'll make the offer and she can't say she wasn't invited.
Thanks again Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
My best stab at answering this would be to say that every year we get a great mix of singles and couples and also a few families with kids - the weekend is supposed to be a fun weekend more of a social affair that just a car meet, with scenic drives and visits to historic or interesting locations and I would say that there is no need at all for any partner thats not interested to attend things like the valeting talk - its just a small part of the weekend's total activities.

I would urge you to bring your partner, but if you need more reassurance then take a look at the meets thread and look through some of the pictures and details of the past 3 or 4 annual meets to get an idea of what happens.

We get owners and couples from abroad coming over and are expecting cars from Germany, Sweden, Holland and Northern Ireland to visit us this year and we deliberately move our annual meet location each year from north to midlands to south etc on rotation to keep every years meet different and interesting
Old 7th March 2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster1121 View Post
Thanks again Bob.
Hi Bob. Neil has probably nailed that description of what we're all about. But don't let that stop you looking through the various sections yourself, and let SWMBO read through it. It might also give her a clearer understanding of us, rather than having her think 'Oh no, another car club'.

While you're at it, get along to the Introductions section (click here) and introduce yourself to the rest of the crowd here. Pictures of your car are considered de rigueur. (I had to look that up). We're an easy bunch to please.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 7th March 2018, 05:06 PM

I'm really struggling to imagine anyone with a Northern Ireland accent saying "De Rigeur" without swallowing their tongue!

Edit: PS, Sean update your signature!
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 7th March 2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 7th March 2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
I'm really struggling to imagine anyone with a Northern Ireland accent saying "De Rigeur" without swallowing their tongue!

Edit: PS, Sean update your signature!
I was trying to sound posh.

Yeah, about the signature. It's deciding what to list the car has.... and will then have to have the obligatory 'My DIY Jobs' below it. Maybe this week Don't like to rush these things.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 7th March 2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster1121 View Post
Thanks again Bob.
If it helps my other half sits at about minus 10 on the car club/forum fan scale..yet she has attended and enjoyed most of them in the years I have had the S8

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 7th March 2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
If it helps my other half sits at about minus 10 on the car club/forum fan scale..yet she has attended and enjoyed most of them in the years I have had the S8
Same here.
Old 8th March 2018, 01:03 AM

Mine comes to slow me down.
Our 9 year old grandson attends as well.
You will both be made welcome.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 8th March 2018, 07:38 AM

My wife will be coming for the first time, she has wanted to go to the Peak District again so fits in well. We'll also be bringing our 3 year old son as he likes cars! best to start them young!
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 8th March 2018, 09:14 AM

I believe that many of us bring other halves who pour scorn on the care and interest (and money) we expend on these cars. But that means they can gather in a corner and swap lines such as "He/she (MJ and Vera) cares more about THAT CAR than me or the children...." or "I cant believe they come all this way to stand around and look at cars just the same as the one they already have!!"etc etc. Ad nauseam...

Your wife will, no doubt, be in good company