A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 5th December 2017, 05:30 PM

Default A letter was sent from Germany

In this day and age, it is a rare experience to receive a proper letter.
To top it off it was mailed from Germany. A fellow is asking if I would consider selling my Audi to him.

Here is the translation, so you don't have to use a translator. Besides, he must have used a translator from German to Swedish, but still readable.

Henning
Regarding: Audi TDK 901

Hello Johannes
Last spring I wanted to buy the white Audi S8, but it was to late.
You bought the car...
If you wanted to sell the car... would you let me know?
I would like to buy the car from you, if you wish.

Regards
Henning

I am amazed that these cars are so popular that people can go to such lengths to buy one
Attached Files
File Type: pdf köpare i tyskland.pdf (214.1 KB, 251 views)

Johannes
_________
Audi S8 -99, Pearlescent, Alcantara/silk napa leather, Burr walnut insert, Alcantara roof lining upper pack
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98
Old 5th December 2017, 05:47 PM

It's a lovely colour. One of my first posts was about a pearl white 8. But Back then it was regarded as looking permanently dirty. However I like it.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 5th December 2017, 09:30 PM

Can't get higher praise than that letter. I bet it makes you feel good about your car, and rightly so. Beautiful
Old 6th December 2017, 12:21 PM

I do feel good about the car for sure.
As long as I can keep driving it, while making repairs over time
One step at a time.

This forum is essential to me; without the knowledge here, I would have been struggling. Not to mention the inspiration I get from seeing you fixing your cars

Johannes
_________
Audi S8 -99, Pearlescent, Alcantara/silk napa leather, Burr walnut insert, Alcantara roof lining upper pack
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98
Old 6th December 2017, 02:25 PM

Not surprised someone wanted it enough to write to you. Its probably hard to find an S8 in that gorgeous pearlescent white. However, given the fact that Sweden is known for having a lot of snow shouldnt you have a bright red one like Spanker's so its stands out? Must be difficult to find yours in the car park in the snow. I just hope that the snow plough driver doesnt mistake it for a snow drift.
Old 6th December 2017, 03:04 PM

Mmmm....

What an idea. That certainly shows a certain keenness that an email or text message doesn't convey.

If only I knew the address of the purchaser of that low-mileage red S8 that was talked about on here not that long ago. The eBay one that I missed out on. I would send him a letter with a bunch of roses for his Mrs (assumption being made there).

Before the MOT website removed the address of the MOT centre, I did find that said red S8 had been MOT'd recently in the Manchester area. Leading one to another assumption, that tintin bought it and secretly stashed it away

Future work on "Red Dwarf": Fridge, solar sunroof, radio-controlled clock, interior and exterior dimming mirrors, Alcantara headlining/pillars/rear shelf, rear US outer lights, passenger memory seat, rear electric (lumbar and headrest) heated seats, Servotronic.
2002 A8 D2 S8 FE - "Red Dwarf" - Misano Red - Platinum/Silver Interior, PDC, Sat Nav Plus with BOSE and hidden Dension Bluetooth, Multi-changer, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, FE Wheels, Phone Prep with Nokia 6210, Detachable Towbar, Rear Blinds, S8 plate but no other optional extras
1st Place Winner - A8Parts Annual UK Meet 2018
1st Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2018
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2019
2002 A8L D2 with a factory fitted S8 engine and drivetrain - "Evergreen" - Irish Green Pearl (TBC) - magnolia leather seats with magnolia door cards/door trims, magnolia leather head-lining, extended leather pack 3 (dark green leather dash, upper door cards, steering wheel, lower dash, centre tunnel and rear parcel shelf), factory black external trim (in lieu of chrome), self-levelling suspension, Servotronic, Brembo brakes, "gullideckel" / "man-hole cover" / "pie-plate" 8Jx18 polished 10-hole design wheels typically seen on the W12, Park Distance Control, heated windscreen, multifunction steering wheel, Vavona burl (burr-walnut) wood inserts with cream/magnolia door switch trims, phone preparation to the front with Nokia 6091 phone, phone preparation to the rear with Nokia 6091 phone on the central rear console, third phone preparation in the rear centre console, rear blinds, rear headrest release feature, rear electric heated seats with lumbar and recline function (the rear passenger seat has the facility to move the front passenger seat forward), BOSE audio, Rear Screen Entertainment (RSE) with dual factory fitted Alpine screens, integrated DVD player (under the centre of the rear bench with 4 DVD storage slots) and two remote controls (the controls and inputs for the RSE are in the rear centre console and the screens can operate independently of each other,) factory supplied leather headrest covers to hide the rear screens, rear vanity mirrors (standard A8L), dark green rear wedge footrests with cream piping, front passenger memory seat, dark green floor carpeting and mats – piped in cream, rear slumber pillows for the headrests, integrated fridge with integrated tumblers inside the rear centre headrest bar compartment, solar roof, auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors, factory driver’s seat fire extinguisher, tire pressure monitoring system, first aid kit, 12 V socket in the boot, TRACKER, derestricted – top speed is 155mph plus
2007 A6 Allroad C6 3.0TDI Quattro - Highland Green (Audi Exclusive Colour) - Cream leather interior with Wood, Advanced MMI, Keyless, Bose, Advanced PDC, Sunroof, Heated Memory Seats, Adaptive Xenons, Adaptive Air Suspension, Servotronic

Previous (went to good homes):
2002 A8 D2 2.8 Quattro Sport - "Big Red" - Tornado Red (Special Order) - Twist Interior, PDC, Passenger Memory Seats, Symphony II with BOSE, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto-dimming Mirrors, 20" FE Wheels, Servotronic Steering
2002 A8 D2 2.8 Quattro Sport - Aqua Blue Pearl - Twist Interior, PDC, Sat Nav Plus with BOSE, Multi-changer, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto-dimming Mirrors, Avus Wheels

Old 6th December 2017, 03:30 PM

How did they get your address?
Old 6th December 2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
... However, given the fact that Sweden is known for having a lot of snow shouldnt you have a bright red one like Spanker's so its stands out? Must be difficult to find yours in the car park in the snow. I just hope that the snow plough driver doesnt mistake it for a snow drift.
Ha ha you have a good point. And it is gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
How did they get your address?
It is possible he contacted the seller again, asking who bought it. Or he could have used https://fu-regnr.transportstyrelsen.se/extweb/
You have to give your e-mail address and then the office will mail the owners names and addresses, assuming there have been several.

Johannes
_________
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98
Old 8th December 2017, 07:37 AM

Regarding the weblink, you would never get anything like that from the UK DVLA who handle car registrations here.

For the UK you need to complete a form, send a payment and hope the reason you put on the form is deemed reasonable enough to get the current keeper details. Wanting to buy it is a reason for rejection of the request.

Several cars I've owned in the past I've wanted to buy back, the only way for that is either leave a note on it if you see it or wait for it to come up for sale again.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles