A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 28th October 2019, 06:30 PM

Default windscreen wipers not working on maximum

Hi All, heading says it all really.

The intermittent is OK, the normal speed is OK but when I switch to 'full speed' they just stop. Any ideas ?

- e9 csl 1972, fully restored, silly bits to finish

- 2002tii 1972, 'bought by accident' and work in progress

- toyota hiace camper, just repainted in gulf racing colours and now getting used

- honda c90 custom cub, ' bought by accident'....there seems to be a them here..!

(Not so) Recently departed:

- very sadly sold to fund the e9....BMW e28 m535 white 1986, owned 12 years, I loved that car.
- red mk1 vw golf gti, fully sorted: resprayed, flash red, mk2 1800 16v conversion, uprated brakes, shocks, leather interior,
- 1986 Saab 900 turbo convertible sold to get Audi on 'one out, one in' rule imposed by missus...not really adhering to the rule at the moment as can be seen..!
Old 28th October 2019, 07:31 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Is any power getting to the motor when you select full speed?

Assuming there's no power at the motor, looking at the schematics here, my guess would be the wash/wipe relay module, J31:
http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachmen...8&d=1420349196

Could just be bad contacts or a dry joint inside the relay module. If not, J31 is probably a good place to start checking voltages.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 28th October 2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 28th October 2019, 07:38 PM

Have you checked the wiring plug on the motor? The contacts go green and fuzzy if the get damp and they aren’t well shielded again water. If not it might be the contacts inside the motor, they have little springy arms that rub on a copper disc and when they get dirty the motor can do all kinds of weird things like run slowly or not stop at all.

PF late '97 D2 2.8 Aluminium Silver. Solar roof, Full Heated Leather, Double Glazing, 17" wheels, Sports Steering Wheel, Cruise, Blinds, Bose sound.

Fiat Tipo diseasel econobox with all the buttons and none of the soul that now does all the heavy lifting.

Ford Capri Laser: noisy, slow, thirsty, bouncy, no buttons but it always sounds like it’s REALLY trying and I can’t help but chuckle when it parps and boings along. And people of a certain age stare at it with a wistful look in their eyes that clearly says…I had one of them. And I sold it because of the kids