A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 11th December 2018, 09:40 PM

Default Headlamp washer tubing

Does anyone know how this routes? I'm specifically interested in the location of the union, where the single line from the bottle meets the runner that feeds both headlamps.

It appears that the garage who worked on it last week couldn't be bothered to refit it properly, first squirt with the lights on and the bottle has emptied its contents into the undertray.

I'm hoping I can get it without removing the entire front bumper, although I know I'll have to do that eventually to put right everything else they screwed up
Old 11th December 2018, 10:38 PM

If you take out the driver's (RHD) foglight grille, it is at the bottom coming up through plastic sheet. The T peice is held onto the lower bit of bumper below this foglight grille with two metal clips. Maybe the corrugated pipe came off or is badly routed (under tension).. Mine leaked after removing and refitting my bumper but unplugging cleaning and replugging in worked.
Old 12th December 2018, 12:06 AM

Thanks, I'll investigate further tomorrow night and see what can be done.
Old 12th December 2018, 10:21 AM

You can also remove the undertray. The pipes are a bad design and mine leaked after being even slightly disturbed. Recently I had a service and the undertray would have been taken off and even this seems to have disturbed it a little as it needed topping up yesterday and I haven't used it in days
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 12th December 2018, 01:49 PM

Had a look at lunchtime, it'll have to be an undertray job. No matter as I need to change out some suspension arms anyway.
Old 14th December 2018, 08:27 PM

You were right Snapdragon, once I found the loose hose and its available length it was obvious, in a bundle clipped to the bumper itself.

The end of the hose had cracked, so cut it back and heated to fit over the nozzle on the T-piece, with a ziptie to make sure.