A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 5th September 2013, 06:42 PM

Default Power steering

Can anybody tell me where my power steering fluid reservoir as i would like to check the level.
For those that dont know its a W12 D3
Old 5th September 2013, 06:49 PM

I would go with this as my best suggestion

Certainly the right general location and looks very much the typical Audi reservoir for it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	audi-w12-motor.jpg
Views:	1210
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	6584  

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 5th September 2013, 06:49 PM
Director at A8 Parts

Its buried deep down below the air box and headlight on the Nearside (left) . Easiest way to get to it is remove the wheel arch liner front section on that side and possibly the pipework and bottom part of that airbox as well. Its not a 2 minute job to check the level sadly, but most of them we have taken apart with the reservoir in that position have been low - cant for the life of me think why.....!

Its in the same place on the 4.0 and 4.2 TDi's and also the S8's......

2001 TT 8N 1.8T Quattro with a loud exhaust!
2000 A8 D2 3.7Q Non Sport Ming Blue
1999 A8 D2 4.2Q Non Sport Santorin Blue
2002 A6 C5 Allroad 2.5 TDi Silver with Black Leather
2001 A2 1.4 TDi
2006 A6 C6 2.4 Quattro Avant Canyon Red

At Work to Drive:

1997 S8 Pearl White Solar Roof, Electric Heated Rear Seats, Blinds, Bose, Cruise, Headlamp Wash, Ski Hatch
1998 Audi Cabriolet 2.6, Air Con, Electric Roof, Leather, Hard Top, Headlight Wash
2008 Fiesta Sportvan x2
2002 Transit 2.4 LWB
2007 VW Crafter Recovery Truck
2013 VW Caddy Highline, DAB, Heated Seats, Touch Screen Stereo, Headlamp Wash and Webasto with Telestart
2010 RS6 Daytona Grey, Twin Pane, Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, Soft Close and some extra horses.

At Work to Hire:

4x 6 Berth Sunlight Motorhomes
Old 5th September 2013, 06:50 PM

Oh well, there you go! I only just noticed that's a V8 although I did search for W12......

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC