A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 13th July 2016, 07:33 AM
Director at A8 Parts

Default Online Shop Live - 50% Off!!

This is an historic day for us at Prestige Motor Services. After many months of hard work we have finally reached the ‘go live’ point of our online shop.

I would like to ask you all to give us some honest feedback on the shop, and as an incentive to do so, there is a promotion just for forum users of 50% off all our used stock which is listed in the shop now and ready to go.

The secure link to the shop is https://store.prestigemotorservices.co.uk and in order to achieve the 50% off (in addition to the 5% sale already running!) you need to enter ‘Prestige50’ at checkout.

Please feel free to be as critical (or complimentary) as you wish, we really want to hear your opinions on all aspects of the shop.

Thank you
David

2001 TT 8N 1.8T Quattro with a loud exhaust!
2000 A8 D2 3.7Q Non Sport Ming Blue
1999 A8 D2 4.2Q Non Sport Santorin Blue
2002 A6 C5 Allroad 2.5 TDi Silver with Black Leather
2001 A2 1.4 TDi
2006 A6 C6 2.4 Quattro Avant Canyon Red

At Work to Drive:

1997 S8 Pearl White Solar Roof, Electric Heated Rear Seats, Blinds, Bose, Cruise, Headlamp Wash, Ski Hatch
1998 Audi Cabriolet 2.6, Air Con, Electric Roof, Leather, Hard Top, Headlight Wash
2008 Fiesta Sportvan x2
2002 Transit 2.4 LWB
2007 VW Crafter Recovery Truck
2013 VW Caddy Highline, DAB, Heated Seats, Touch Screen Stereo, Headlamp Wash and Webasto with Telestart
2010 RS6 Daytona Grey, Twin Pane, Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, Soft Close and some extra horses.

At Work to Hire:

4x 6 Berth Sunlight Motorhomes
Old 13th July 2016, 07:48 AM

On line shop looks cool David
Only comment i'd have is it would be nice if there was a search feature within the sections rather than a searching the entire store. When searching for anything you still have to trawl through A3 A4 parts ect.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 13th July 2016, 08:01 AM

I prefer list view instead of grid so that I can just go down looking through items instead of going left to right then down and left to right again. And I like as many item as possible on the same page to save me going through pages. I understand that different people will have different preferences and on slower internet connections might prefer less items on page so that it loads faster, it is great to have choice but if I select list view and 50 items per page, I go to another category and it is grid view and 12 items per page again. It would be great if it could remember my choice at least for a session while I am browsing the site. For example e-bay remembers my selection if I want grid or list view but on aliexpress I have to change it all the time as well.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 13th July 2016, 08:01 AM

It looks very professional (as expected!)

I was just typing this when I saw what Dezzy said! I guess it's possible to type the model of the car into the search ie "D2 S/A8" which would have the same effect but it's not always what you think of first. Perhaps an advanced search option would be an idea?
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 13th July 2016, 08:05 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Nice one David!

I just bought a few more things I don't really need from your Ebay store yesterday, now I'm going to have to buy some more!
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 13th July 2016, 09:05 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Looking good!

I also prefer a list, would like more items per page and would like a search feature.

And there are a few anomalies, e.g there's an A7 interior light in the A8 D2 section and a wishbone in the interior parts, seats and trim section (don't you just hate people that nit pick!).

But I'm enjoying a massive browse right now!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 13th July 2016, 09:12 AM

Very nice. Well done with that.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 13th July 2016, 09:18 AM

Tried to buy something, PayPal checkout does not work, says We can't contact the PayPal gateway.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 13th July 2016, 09:27 AM

Hi Dave,
Hello to all the gang

I have tried the shop twice and have hit the same problem.
I have attempted to purchase one of the following:-
http://store.prestigemotorservices.co.uk/audi-a8-d3-centre-ns-left-dash-vent-black-4e0-820-951-item-22223.html
Both times, though the initial page shows "in stock" after I order the part the page shows:-
We don't have as many "Audi A8 D3 Centre NS Left Dash Vent Black 4E0820951 (Item #22223) " as you requested.
Help, pretty please

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 13th July 2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Tried to buy something, PayPal checkout does not work, says We can't contact the PayPal gateway.
I had the same issue. I've chosen bank transfer option for now, will sort payment out after.

I also had an issue with the postal cost reverting to worldwide, maybe it was just delayed updating from choosing the country I'm not sure.
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)