A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 30th January 2021, 10:50 AM

If anyone buys it in the UK, I can ship it over on our covered low loader

Daily drive:
2016 Infiniti QX70.....a car that's even more complicated than my last Infiniti FX to modify

Current 'Project':
VW Crafter CR50 4 berth camper van

Previous 'Projects':
2006 Subaru Legacy Spec 'B' 3.0R,
1994 Ex-MOD Land Rover Defender, now "civilianised".
2000 Audi S8 FL

www.whall.co.uk
Old 30th January 2021, 12:16 PM

thanks guys

Yes appreciate its not a good time to be selling with covid and work for a lot of people.

On the flip side, something to enjoy whilst doing low miles.

Just filled the LPG tank ready for the new owner, just need to sell it lol

Previous
2006 A8 4.2TDI
Old 30th January 2021, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordchris View Post
Just filled the LPG tank ready for the new owner, just need to sell it lol
Forgot that it was LPG.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 7th February 2021, 05:06 PM

Very nice looking D3. Tempting proposition with the LPG conversion. Where is the filler for the LPG situated?

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 16th February 2021, 11:48 PM

Only seen this

It’s at the back under rear bumper. In petrol cap would have been nicer but I’m used to it now and doesn’t bother me.

Car hasn’t been advertised much , been holding off eBay and autotrader but maybe an option going forward.

Storage may also. Can’t see these cars depreciating.

Previous
2006 A8 4.2TDI
Old 7th March 2021, 06:56 PM

No interest folks?

Pains me to advertise and sell to a non enthusiast. Getting close to storage but such a waste to be sitting about

Previous
2006 A8 4.2TDI
Old 28th March 2021, 10:05 AM

Bump

Previous
2006 A8 4.2TDI
Old 29th March 2021, 08:50 PM

I'd hang onto it Chris if you can, can you sorn? I reckon 5 years time it'll be worth twice the price. Value of our cars is so low in the current climate, I would think it can only increase in value, a w12 on lpg, the w12 will be rarer soon as its phased out of the audi group so I hear due to manufacturer emissions compliance, can only make it more valuable
Old 13th September 2021, 10:15 PM

Advertised again

Just fancy a change, if doesnt sell no issue, as just does everything so well.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...77339607429624

Previous
2006 A8 4.2TDI
Old 14th September 2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordchris View Post
Advertised again
I know you're now selling to the great unwashed on Facebook, but worth listing all the plus points as trying to shift a 6.0 petrol in the current climate is difficult enough.

It has a solar sunroof. Is it just the rear blind, or does it have the side blinds as well (and are they electric?). It's LPG, so show the boot and the tank (some people like me would want to know the location of the tank - i.e. toroidal tank or tank across the back). Show the filler location. Does it have things like power boot or soft close doors?

Would reword the bit about the wheel arch scrape, as that sticks out to me (but maybe that's just the way my mind works). i.e. if it's an "easy fix" then why not do it yourself, as in the current condition it's a negative point and therefore a bargaining chip for a buyer. Maybe show a photo of the scrape. I know you don't want to spend more money on it as you're trying to sell it, but would it be worth getting a quote from someone to see how much it would cost to repair.

The MMI screen sticking is a gears issue. The gears are cheap and if you already do work on your cars, it's worth a hour or two to repair. Another bargaining chip for a buyer.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds