A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 29th May 2021, 12:02 PM

Default Some people are just Pond Life

Bank Holiday weekend, trip to Halfords to pick up a 3/8" Advance Torque Wrench and get back to the car to find this:

Lady in the car park said it was a Black Alfa, possibly Y9 in the number plate and just drove off.

Classy....really really classy.

Halfords were good and will go through the cameras, give me the details and report it also for me.

Looking at it I hopefully can polish a lot of it out but its never going to be perfect which just really is genuinely disappointing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-05-29 at 13.06.50.jpeg
Views:	483
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	26503  
2002 Audi D2 2.8 A8 QS - Audi Silver
--
Old 29th May 2021, 12:36 PM

good luck with the camera footage but in my experience nobodys interested in sharing info to the public as my mrs had the same a few years ago..
total barstewards

if your close by to me ill try and buff it out for you
location M1 J30
Old 29th May 2021, 12:48 PM

Mate, that is just gutting. Hope that does polish out, my NSR door has car park damage (not terrible, but needs replacing) & that's proving very elusive.

Fingers crossed the footage is clear. I've had scumbags damage my Skoda whilst parked 3 times, 2 minor / cosmetic, but 1 that was a near write off. No notes or witnesses for any of them
Old 29th May 2021, 05:49 PM

Can’t say they didn’t realise it had happed when it’s like that. Bunch of T0553r5. Let’s hope the footage gets them bang to rights.

PF late '97 D2 2.8 Aluminium Silver. Solar roof, Full Heated Leather, Double Glazing, 17" wheels, Sports Steering Wheel, Cruise, Blinds, Bose sound.

Fiat Tipo diseasel econobox with all the buttons and none of the soul that now does all the heavy lifting.

Ford Capri Laser: noisy, slow, thirsty, bouncy, no buttons but it always sounds like it’s REALLY trying and I can’t help but chuckle when it parps and boings along. And people of a certain age stare at it with a wistful look in their eyes that clearly says…I had one of them. And I sold it because of the kids
Old 29th May 2021, 06:12 PM

A couple of hours of labour that I was not expecting and some Meguiars Ultimate Compound........

About 80% gone, from a distance OK but has damaged the paint and lacquer in places. I am glad the D2 paint is so good and thick as its taken quite a bashing and come up OK.

Still annoying as #### mind you.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-05-29 at 19.06.14.jpeg
Views:	441
Size:	319.1 KB
ID:	26504  
--
Old 29th May 2021, 06:27 PM

Though some good news is the Halfords Advanced Torque Wrench Model 60 is excellent and recommended.

Just lovely for Spark plugs
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	488703.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	26505  
--
Old 30th May 2021, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nognar View Post
A couple of hours of labour that I was not expecting and some Meguiars Ultimate Compound........

About 80% gone, from a distance OK but has damaged the paint and lacquer in places. I am glad the D2 paint is so good and thick as its taken quite a bashing and come up OK.

Still annoying as #### mind you.

That's a remarkable improvement to what it looked like before, though I'm sure it'll still irritate you that it's not quite like it was before (as well as the annoyance of the Alfa driver buggering off). I've been lucky (so far!) with mine, and the last time someone drove into my car, she left a nice note and agreed it was her fault.

I hope you manage to get the remainder of the marks out - it sounds like there's no panel damage, which would have made it worse and more expensive to fix.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 30th May 2021, 10:48 AM

Unfortunately it does have a small dent/ crease that you can see with the light at a certain angle on it.

It’s been pushed in a little as the bumper of the other car was pressed into the door. If you look at the reflection of the white Fiat 500 wheel arch you can see where it’s been distorted slightly.

But at least a lot better now than it was.
--

Last edited by Nognar; 30th May 2021 at 10:52 AM.
Old 30th May 2021, 11:26 AM

Absolutes scrotes! It has polished up well but should never have happened in the first place. I just don't get people...accidents happen, just own up to it? Probably another uninsured driver...

Any luck with the CCTV?
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder