A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 8th July 2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
Yeah, everyone thinks thats a feckin joke, still without a penny from October. The amount of time and money that went into that car. If my car is with a garage the responsibility lies with them, end of. I spent about £5k with AVP through various cars. I really want that car back.
I was as devastaed over this as anyone else. I know I had left but still hurt.

Can I just clarify, as I saw on other forums comments about this.
Amar, as you know, the car was confirmed failed for a few months before it was stolen and I myself said that after a few weeks we had no room for it and that it would have tolive outside due to being a pusher, and that I was very uncomfortable about this, especially once many bits had been removed for the other car you had, it looked like it was being stripped and drew much attention. It was going to be collected several times but for whatever erason it wasn't. After the unit was shut someone saw their opportunity at last and struck. I had nothing to do with the insurance side but I would imagine that this would be why they would have struggled to get anywhere with them. I personally spent much time and money trying to trace this car through various channels. I was gutted about this car, truely so, but it was stolen due to a lackof care, it had been on full view for a LONG time and was a sitting duck. I'd LOVE to get my hands on the thieving b%$£ards that stole it but I am not completely surprised that AVP insurance wouldn't stomach it, rightly or wrongly, thats how insurance comapnies are. I have no idea how much effort was ut into getting a result from Aviva, I wasn't there, but I'd like to hope it was alot!
I wish it had been sat back on your drive as we discussed a long time before, it would have been safer. Hopefully, one day, it'll turn up - never seen another one that colour.
Old 8th July 2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
Ian. you've hit the nail on the head. Revo have given themselves all the pain and no gain.

Mike. Dead right. Together our voice gets heard.

Neil. LOL

Thanks to you all. Without your support.......
Glad to hear the car is sorted Nick but I'm bemused as to the situation. I would have thought that the Vectra man's insurance would have paid up and although you've had crap with revo they could've managed to not incur any costs themselves.

Sorry this has affected you so badly and drawn on so long.
Old 8th July 2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
Interestingly our newest member also appears to be someone called Revo_Kev
hmmm. . .
I was given Kev Hall's name as a contact at Revo for any future queries regarding maps - I spoke to someone on their stand at GTI Intl recently. Not had a chance to follow up, but may well be that Kev is just checking in to see what interest there might be.....

I have an e-mail address and phone number if anyone wants them - although I'm away for a few days.
Old 8th July 2011, 10:27 AM

The map is great and I would highly recomend it, just be aware that the retail orice is somewhat higher than I was putting it on at at the open day etc.

Well worth it if price correct though!

There's only one map for that one ECU at min as it was developed on Darren's but it#s easy enough to build one to suit other ecu's, it's just sometimes not financially viable to spend valuable programmer time building a map that is relatively low volume. Give them a buzz, I stand by the fact that the software is the best outthere!
Old 8th July 2011, 10:28 AM

Just a quick note - Thanks Amar for the PM, I know you don;t hold me personally responsible for the S8 loss but I know how it's viewed by people. Just wanted to clatify what I do know - We'll ctach up soon mate and cheers!
Old 8th July 2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Ben View Post
The map is great and I would highly recomend it, just be aware that the retail orice is somewhat higher than I was putting it on at at the open day etc.

There's only one map for that one ECU at min as it was developed on Darren's but it#s easy enough to build one to suit other ecu's, it's just sometimes not financially viable to spend valuable programmer time building a map that is relatively low volume. Give them a buzz, I stand by the fact that the software is the best outthere!
Apology for the Hi-jack..... but Is the above map comparable with the Dastek UniQ chip or are they totaly different. ?? Thanx..
Old 8th July 2011, 11:14 AM

I didn't realise Avperformance had closed when my car was stolen, I'm not and have not been holding Ben responsible for me not getting a payout - That is all to do with Avperformance and it's owners. Living in a fairly good town, I may have underestimated the dangers of it being outside the unit. However, I was told it was fully insured under the traders policy and Ben was busy so I wasn't going to keep chasing him, the two recovery companies I had arranged both let me down. Ben's uncle was also supposed to get back to me as he said he knows someone that does recovery but didn't. I had asked AVP to deal with the recovery and I would pay whatever it cost, so it was being dealt with as far as I was concerned. As I was told the car was insured and it was in Avperfomances' care after all. I think every forum member knows how much time money was spent on that car and I wouldn't have left it ditched in a random city 60 miles away unless I had suitable assurance the car was covered. The car was missing it's S8 mirrors at the time, nothing else though! The brakes were also quite rusty too. Avperformance have told me they contacted their insurance company once, who said the car wouldn't be covered. I feel they need to put more pressure on their insurance company because after speaking to another garage with the same insurance policy and reading the small print - it should be covered. I want them to at least try and put pressure on the insurance company.

Quote:
I was as devastaed over this as anyone else. I know I had left but still hurt.

Can I just clarify, as I saw on other forums comments about this.
Amar, as you know, the car was confirmed failed for a few months before it was stolen and I myself said that after a few weeks we had no room for it and that it would have tolive outside due to being a pusher, and that I was very uncomfortable about this, especially once many bits had been removed for the other car you had, it looked like it was being stripped and drew much attention. It was going to be collected several times but for whatever erason it wasn't. After the unit was shut someone saw their opportunity at last and struck. I had nothing to do with the insurance side but I would imagine that this would be why they would have struggled to get anywhere with them. I personally spent much time and money trying to trace this car through various channels. I was gutted about this car, truely so, but it was stolen due to a lackof care, it had been on full view for a LONG time and was a sitting duck. I'd LOVE to get my hands on the thieving b%$£ards that stole it but I am not completely surprised that AVP insurance wouldn't stomach it, rightly or wrongly, thats how insurance comapnies are. I have no idea how much effort was ut into getting a result from Aviva, I wasn't there, but I'd like to hope it was alot!
I wish it had been sat back on your drive as we discussed a long time before, it would have been safer. Hopefully, one day, it'll turn up - never seen another one that colour.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 8th July 2011, 11:17 AM

If you guys can't get the Revo Map anymore at a good price - then Ben at Shark Performance should be able to do you one at a reasonable price. He really really knows his stuff. He is custom mapping a supercharged D2 A8 4.2 32v right now if his facebook page is anything to go by!

By the way Nick - Great news, got there in the end! It's a shame Revo only played ball when it got out on the forums and didn't care about you from the outset. I hope this is a lesson to Revo as someone that works in a HQ for Europe's biggest travel firm, I know all to well how online comments can be a real headache and effect business. I hope the guys in Daventry do too know. Damn you tripadvisor!

Quote:

2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds

Last edited by Singh; 8th July 2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 8th July 2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
By the way Nick - Great news, got there in the end! It's a shame Revo only played ball when it got out on the forums and didn't care about you from the outset. I hope this is a lesson to Revo!
Seconded Amar!

Such a simple process for REVO to get their insurers to beat the crap out of Vectra man's insurance, and in the mean time Repair Nick's car PDQ.

Whilst a customer's car is in the care of a garage, then it falls under their insurance... Simples!

The power of a forum indeed!

At least it is sorted

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels

Last edited by jayzee; 8th July 2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: speeeling!
Old 8th July 2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
If you guys can't get the Revo Map anymore at a good price - then Ben at Shark Performance should be able to do you one at a reasonable price. He really really knows his stuff. He is custom mapping a supercharged D2 A8 4.2 32v right now if his facebook page is anything to go by!

By the way Nick - Great news, got there in the end! It's a shame Revo only played ball when it got out on the forums and didn't care about you from the outset. I hope this is a lesson to Revo as someone that works in a HQ for Europe's biggest travel firm, I know all to well how online comments can be a real headache and effect business. I hope the guys in Daventry do too know. Damn you tripadvisor!
If you want your S8's mapping I can sort. I've owned and tuned enough of them!!!

John @ Big Fish Tuning, North Yorkshire. Right down the road from A8 Parts!