A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 7th April 2014, 09:15 AM

Hi all,
Just my 2penneth if I may.
I had the sincere pleasure of meeting both Ron and the car last weekend. What can I say? Ron is an absolute diamond and the car is a genuine credit to him. Like all of us when looking for a car purchase, I had a short list in my own thinking of the enevitable little jobs / attemtion that would be needed which would help me to negotiate hard on the price. All I will share is that the journey over to the car in the s8 was both very impressive and enjoyable and awkward. Why awkward? Simply because you realise what a lovely fella Ron is and just how passionate he is about his cars. 10 minutes later and I knew that this car was going to be sold at its asking price. End of story.
As the car was backed up out of its hidey hole, I understood his pride. This A8 is a beauty! Some may recall that a couple of years back I was so fortunate to have bought Ians A8 / s8. That was on a parallel to this car - and that says something!! It would take a (very insensitive!) purist to be capable of pulling faults with this car. And even then it will be something that Ron will have already shared with you!
I hope Ron doesnt mind me sharing that towards the end of our meeting I felt it only right to say "Im not even sure that anyone will ever get you to part with this car Ron?" If you pass Ron's scrutiny then exchange the cash and leave at a healthy but legal speed. DO NOT look in your mirrors as he will be a big bugger running down the road after you shouting something not quite audible through the twin pane glass about "Ive changed my ...socks? ..Pants? ...Mind??!!"
I couldnt be fair to Ron and ask him to hold the car indefinately for me. Just now I feel a little bitter and sore that it feels life has kicked me in the nutts yet again with owning a special A8. Maybe I should just sign up to be first in the queue for the s8?? lol
If you are genuinely looking for an awesome a8 then I would suggest you at least drop Ron a PM and have a chat. Whereever you are in the country, this car will be well worth your time and travel.
Ron, will you please paypal that promised £5 sellers fee over to me sir? Im on
makingendsmeet@aol.uk/com/gutted.
Old 7th April 2014, 08:47 PM

Howdy fella, kind words indeed, thanks very much for them, I'm somewhat flattered. So sorry to hear of your circumstances, hope everything improves soon. You know where I'm at if things take a turn for the better

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 8th May 2014, 09:03 AM

Last shout before I go down the AT route, or maybe eBay. Everything still the same except a months less tax and MOT..........but no more miles

I've seriously considered keeping it stored away, but I've already got a motorbike that I don't use but can't bear to part with so I think this car needs to moved on so it can be used and enjoyed.

I'll listen to sensible offers if anyone is interested, or knows someone who might be, cheers

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 23rd June 2014, 08:29 PM

Default Update

Well, I just couldn't bring myself to part with her in the end. She's soon to be stored away although I did put 12 months MOT on her first. My intention is to maybe use her as a winter car and take the S8 of the road for the worst of the winter and get the wheels refurbished and do a bit of tidying up while it's of the road. Sounds good in theory but we'll see how things develop as the year goes by.

My question is to all you wise folk, any do's and don't's regarding long term storage? I'm happy it's safely stored so I'm thinking of just disconnecting the battery and fitting a suitable cover over her, would that be acceptable? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
Well, I just couldn't bring myself to part with her in the end.
Hurrah!
Good decision!!

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 23rd August 2014, 05:27 PM

Sold as of yesterday, approximately 5 minutes before I got the call to say the inlet manifold for my S8 won't be available until December at the earliest, just my luck at the moment.

It's gone to a good home though, great bloke and I've told him about this forum so he'll probably introduce himself soon.

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 23rd August 2014, 07:54 PM

So good/bad news and bad news on top of it, December ?!?!?
Seriously, do they manufacture it in space or something.
My camshaft tensioners were not a popular or stock item, but it took only 5days to arrive from Audi in Germany.
...and D3 3.7 is as rare as D3 S8 , so I don't understand why December???
I feel for you Ron
What you'll be driving then??

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 24th August 2014, 06:59 AM

Not to worry Marcin, such is life, it'll get sorted eventually

I'm going to see if I can manage without a car. I cycle to work, I have a motorbike if needed, I have the A4 to call upon, I have offers of cars to use if needed, I'm sure I'll be okay.

I'll cash in the tax disc I just bought and get £230 back, cancel my insurance and save £140, save around £200 a month on fuel, this could work out okay in the end

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 24th August 2014, 09:25 AM

OK, that's not so bad, savings should actually pay for the repair cost, BUT it's sad to see beautiful car like yours off the road, heartbreaking

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 24th August 2014, 11:58 AM

Aye, it's a real shame Marcin. I'm gutted at being without the car for 4+ months but equally as gutted at the poor spares support by Audi.

I might just post something negative on their Facebook page to see if I can prompt a discussion

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra