A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 20th August 2015, 06:24 PM

Gwen, though nervous at first, now drives our 8 more often than I do, but it is only shopping, work and school runs. Whenever we travel any distance she insists that I sit in the hot seat so that she can press the nearside go slower pedal.
Many years ago when I had a an Opel GT she used to drive it like madman, but then she was like me a lot younger. Yes, honestly, there was a day when I was younger.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 20th August 2015, 08:01 PM

Ann regularly drives mine. She's an OK driver and, frankly, less likely to kerb it than me. She also get more MPG which i find totally baffling. I think she quite likes it but she'd never admit this.
Old 21st August 2015, 02:34 PM

Thanks for the responses to my question, it's interesting to know the views of others

I appreciate not eveyone has "his and hers" cars and my wife borrowing mine didn't really bother me when I had the D2, so I don't know why it does so much now. She loved driving the D2, said she felt "safe" in it and loved the power it had. It also had no parking sensors whereas the D3 has front and rear, so probably safer in her hands, it just doesn't feel like it. She's small so has the seat raised and right forward but she's not scared in any way, only of causing damage and me going ballistic maybe. She's always wanted a Q7 or RRS so feeling high up and safe must rank highly in her list of essentials for a vehicle. Typically for a woman though, no regard for cost

I like 47p2's response best out of all of them, sums up my attitude perfectly

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 22nd August 2015, 05:45 PM

This is my favorite sexist thread to date. Guys, listen to your cavemen selves and tell it how it feels
Old 22nd August 2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
This is my favorite sexist thread to date. Guys, listen to your cavemen selves and tell it how it feels
It wasn't intended to be, but I'll take that acclaim

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra