A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 15th October 2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
And tonight, just now (10:40pm) I thought "Bloody Hell! That's noisy!"
Singapore Airlines Cargo 747 outbound from LHR to Amsterdam!

I guess nobody knows (without looking it up) where Nur-Sultan is?
The only interesting flight that I've noticed recently was a Canadian Air Force C-130 heading from Belfast to Canada. Only reason I spotted it was because of the noise as it was still climbing (about 50 mile from the airport).

Had to cheat on Nur-Sultan!

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 20th October 2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Had to cheat on Nur-Sultan!
Well it has had a few names in recent history!
Todays midday 747 was particularly noisy, I think because of the strong Westerly wind it was over us before gaining as much height as usual.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:55 AM

Just heard a really noisy plane rather low, glanced outside and could see an A380 climbing away.
Singapore Airlines 9V-SKM off predictably to Singapore. Didn't know they were back in the air.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 23rd November 2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Didn't know they were back in the air.
Something popped up on my YouTube recommended list a couple of weeks ago regarding the A380. Did a quick history search and found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcxVPILQJiY

Also found this article today from the same person specifically about the BA A380s:

https://simpleflying.com/british-air...rst-two-weeks/

Have only ever seen them sitting at the airport gate, but nice to see that most of the airlines are bringing them back.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

Old 10th February 2022, 11:47 AM

Currently 3 B52 Stratofortress above the UK

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B52's.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	604.8 KB
ID:	27838  

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 10th February 2022, 11:58 AM

And the Beluga has almost reached Chester!

And a few StratoTankers cruising about as well. Maybe for the B52s?

HATE11, HATE12 subtle call signs on the B52s!

Last edited by HPsauce; 10th February 2022 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10th February 2022, 01:57 PM

Busy times, an RAF C-17 just grumbled over us on its way out of Northolt.
Old 10th February 2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
HATE11, HATE12 subtle call signs on the B52s!
Had the same thought when I saw that screenshot.

Apparently they were doing practice 'bombing runs'!

Old 10th February 2022, 05:18 PM

The B52 over The Wash dropped to 3300ft and did a few passes. Would loved to have seen that. Soon afterwards they all landed at Fairford. Few days ago had a USAF Osprey pass right over Norwich. Sure is busy!

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 10th February 2022, 08:28 PM

I lived in Nur-Sultan until recently.

Flying in the UK a few years ago, a cell of B-52s joined our radio freq'- 'RIPPER formation', on their way to the Middle East.

Anyone who'se seen Dr. Strangelove will know the significance of 'RIPPER'.