A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 16th August 2021, 06:34 AM

Default JIMSTER WOW ! it is a poor sound i must admit

well a few years ago i helped a friend with a boggo sound system in an A8
we fitted tweeters onto the dash and an extra amp and sub base box in the boot and to be honest it was quite good
obvs not B&O quality
Old 16th August 2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
How good will a b&0 system from a 2006 car be by modern standards? And what premium price can they hold of a like for like model without it? I appreciate it was a £4K option in the day , but realistically now?

Are there options / upgrades available for the stock Bose systems or are they all so built in to the car and it’s electronics that it’s just a non starter? I’m a Saab man used to just pulling head units in and out at will. I never went as far as the fibre optic complicated models before I moved to Audi…
On a D3 the MMI is part of the whole system......I've just been through a MMI 2G High issue on mine and when the MMI is knocked out you can't even change the time, the suspension settings and quite a few other bits.
The HVAC works in a basic mode, from the dedicated buttons, but you can't sync the settings or alter the centre vents etc

Effectively you can't swap head units, it's AUDI or nothing.

You can add / swap some of the peripherals....so you can add a Dension/GROM or similar to add usb/ipod/BT rather than audi unit, though the intergration is a bit hit an miss. You can add an aux in on the TV module if you have it. Audi DAB unit isn't too hard.

In theory you CAN swap from Bose to B&O but it's half a car swap as it needs door panels, dashboard and so forth. I recall IT mentioning that it IS feasible, but really, just get a B&O car......Also you wonder about sound deadening and if your car is as good as a factory install.

When D3 B&O is working it is one of the best factory audio systems in a car.....However it does seem that the glue on them fades over time and it is typically worth plucking some of the speakers and resealing the foam (i think IT even did a how to)

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)
Old 18th August 2021, 09:46 PM

This has all been really helpful and I am grateful to everyone who has thrown their 2penneth in .

Ive been to view 4 now. Typically their opinion of "mint" and "immaculate" and "fully loaded with every possible option" doesn't hold water!! trashed alloys, budget tyres, deteriorated rear lenses, rough interiors...

I think I know where I need to go with the next purchase. Watch this space
Old 18th August 2021, 11:29 PM

I think I will let mine go soon if you are interested. It's not mint and it's not fully loaded and I am not pretending it to be and I am not asking for much money for it. It's 2006 4.2TDI Sport with 185k miles on it. Looking around £3k with decent but not mint Audi 18" alloys with Michelin Crossclimate tyres that done 4k miles or a bit cheaper with 19 Carlsson alloys and 2 decent Pirelli tyres and 2 pretty old GoodYear tyres.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 19th August 2021, 10:35 AM

Hi Bushido, had an issue with messaging back, posted on you visitor messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
This has all been really helpful and I am grateful to everyone who has thrown their 2penneth in .

Ive been to view 4 now. Typically their opinion of "mint" and "immaculate" and "fully loaded with every possible option" doesn't hold water!! trashed alloys, budget tyres, deteriorated rear lenses, rough interiors...

I think I know where I need to go with the next purchase. Watch this space
Old 23rd August 2021, 09:36 PM

Just to close the loop on all of this excitement - I have just taken delivery of this a8

https://www.google.com/search?q=sele...-yl_eR9n6flzzM

Its the first car on the pic at Select cars of lincoln.

First impressions all very promising and encouraging. Has a few more options and toys than the ad specified but thats all good towards making the adjustment to letting go of the destroyed a8

Heres the pics of mine now at Coparts
https://www.copart.co.uk/vehicleFind...way%22:null%7D