A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > House and Home DIY

House and Home DIY Everything at home. Building, Renovating, DIY, green initiatives, mowing the lawn. Anything goes

Old 3rd May 2018, 04:01 PM

I was planning on building a Guage 1 Tramway in the garden when we bought this house, running out of the garage but it never materialized. Being on call 24/7 did not help, then kids happened. Still wondering where they came from.
Narrow guage reminded me why I had to start building my own trackwork. I wanted 00 main line with a narrow guage line. Did OK with it, especially when I decided to have dual guage track and points. Quite simple once I got my head around the geometry.
Age wise, pretty good. I was born 1939.
Nothing to do with this but I've just spent a couple of days setting up a "Look Forward" cheque book in Excel. Very good for the grey matter, bit slow 'cos my two cells don't talk to each other.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 5th May 2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Resist, must try too...... The Moody Cow, Four in Hand, The Beaver Inn (Appledore) Fowcett Inn (Portsmouth) The **** (male chicken) Inn Cider (Plymouth)
I remember The Fawcett(?) Inn well. It was just around the corner from The Electric Arms IIRC!
Old 8th May 2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
I remember The Fawcett(?) Inn well. It was just around the corner from The Electric Arms IIRC!
David you're correct it is indeed the Fawcett

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 9th May 2018, 02:20 PM

My Dad has just worked out how to do the basics on a tablet and "breaks" it quite regularly every couple of weeks!

So youre doing better with that youth on your side Ray!

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)