A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 20th January 2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofuboy View Post
Hi, what's the inlet manifold issue? / what's the outlay to fix?

Asking as I recently bought a similar mileage d3 so wondering if that's a potential problem I should be aware of??
Firstly, welcome to the forum

What model D3 do you have? If it's anything but a V10 I wouldn't worry, if it is an S8, I'd start saving....

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 20th January 2015, 03:28 PM

Hi thanks yes a v10, and I went down the route of gambling on a high mileage example with strong service history, and keeping a slush fund aside.

It had an audi inspection before I bought it, and my local indie did a health check once I had it.

Issues so far have been rear tyre blow out - fortunately motorway was quiet, and alternator drive belt (I guess to be expected given age) - again not fun as was on the motorway.

Still love the car tho
Old 20th January 2015, 06:12 PM

Great choice then, glad you're enjoying it. Mine has 120K+ miles on but still drives like new, proof it's been looked after and the two previous owners to me are forum members.

I had an issue mid 2014 which happened after I'd had the car around five months and done a few thousand miles. It's all detailed in the relevant D3 section (Fuel and Exhausts, thread title is Emissions Control Warning or something similar) I'd post a link but I'm on an iPad currently and struggle with it. It has the highs and lows of a couple of months but is useful for reference should you experience similar problems, and could save you heartache and cash

Send me a PM if you have any further questions regarding this but generally everyone on here have answers to most major problems on A8's and S8's. It's a friendly place so if a search doesn't get you the answers you're looking for don't hesitate to ask.

On another note, if you haven't got your exhaust flaps fastened open already, you need to

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 21st January 2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofuboy View Post
Hi thanks yes a v10, and I went down the route of gambling on a high mileage example with strong service history, and keeping a slush fund aside.

It had an audi inspection before I bought it, and my local indie did a health check once I had it.

Issues so far have been rear tyre blow out - fortunately motorway was quiet, and alternator drive belt (I guess to be expected given age) - again not fun as was on the motorway.

Still love the car tho
They are fantastic cars are they not? You wont find a better place to hangout on the internet as far as these cars are concerned, helpful bunch with a passion for these great cars.

Look forward to see some pictures of yours etc

Old 21st January 2015, 06:19 PM

Ah. The exhaust flaps comment. Do you mean find a method to permamtly open the actuators in the back boxes? Cheap, easy mod.....
Old 21st January 2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kele View Post
Ah. The exhaust flaps comment. Do you mean find a method to permamtly open the actuators in the back boxes? Cheap, easy mod.....
Yeah, so I discovered when consulting a couple of forum members that had done it. Only did it a week ago but I'm glad I did

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 21st January 2015, 07:28 PM

I'm getting V10 withdrawal symptoms,anybody fancy buying my D4?

2002 D2 S8 Misano Red
1996 Volvo 850R Estate Red
2013 Mercedes C63 AMG (taxi)
1991 Lotus Carlton Imperial Green
Old 24th January 2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
Yeah, so I discovered when consulting a couple of forum members that had done it. Only did it a week ago but I'm glad I did
Great isn't it. Noise is fantastic!
Old 24th January 2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8 Doc View Post
Great isn't it. Noise is fantastic!
Certainly is, you can hear for yourself when I come down

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra