A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 2nd June 2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
So, to give context, the D2 S8 does 0-60 in around 6.5, the D3 S8 does it in something like 5.1, and the RS6 I have does it in 4.5. Each feels quite a bit quicker than the last.

Then the Tesla does it in 3.1. The difference is the Tesla delivers all its grunt from the set off, where even the mighty RS6 has to spin its turbos to give the full 571 BHP effect.

So Hell yes, its noticeable.... The RS6 sounds better, looks better and does have a nicer cabin, but its slower, to 60 at least.

Ironically, the Tesla will go further on a 'full tank' too....
I'm really surprised by that, I would have thought RS6 could go further on a tank. Just watched a youtube review of it and its only got a 70L tank.
I really liked the RS6 too, no one does interiors like Audi. If Audi does a all electric car it would be my first choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD3 View Post
Shocked about the amount of fuel it used as well. For the whole weekend, I think I used three quarters of a tank.
TDI FTW!!!
I was shocked for the opposite reasons, by how much fuel mine used. I was hoping to do the whole trip on one tank. A bit optimistic. In the end it covered 615 miles and drank 109 litres. I blame all those hills
Old 2nd June 2015, 11:29 AM
Banned

I was very fortunate to avarage 43mpg in the W12 on the way home not bad at all.

On the down side i had the side of the Car swiped by a Loyds Coaches bus on Sunday while parked up... damaged both passenger rear door and passenger front

Last edited by daviesbike; 2nd June 2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 2nd June 2015, 05:28 PM

Guy, so sorry to hear that.
Lloyds drivers are usually careful in the roads they are used to, well they were when I was fully in the game. I used to drive 12.0 metre Van Hool coaches around the area and suppose I was lucky.
Hope that the damage is not too bad, can it be repaired, photos please.
I am taking our body man and his family to the airport on Thursday, should I threaten him with a Swindon detour?

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 2nd June 2015, 06:05 PM

Sorry to hear that Guy. I was almost expecting to get scraped on some of those narrow roads, but not whilst parked up.
Old 2nd June 2015, 06:53 PM

Really sorry to hear that too. Presumably the coach driver stopped and its now with their insurance?
Old 2nd June 2015, 06:59 PM

Oh no! Two doors. Sorry to hear that.
Old 2nd June 2015, 08:12 PM

More pics to follow once sorted out, rather like this one of mine and Ian's RS

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0058.jpg (649.7 KB, 177 views)

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey

Last edited by briang9; 2nd June 2015 at 08:23 PM.
Old 2nd June 2015, 10:49 PM

Neil, Stephen and David,
Once again a fantastic weekend one which will endure in my mind for many a year.

Massive thanks to all organisers and sponsors for this fantastic time. Super to see all attendees, old and new.

Best regards,
Steve
1993 Audi 80 2.0E Black (W.I.P)
Old 3rd June 2015, 09:58 AM
Banned

Sadly no i did not see it but i was told by a lady that she seen the bus hit the car so it must have happened only moments before i came back to the car, its actually been repaired now, it just needs polishing in 24 hrs Lucky it was only surface damage no dents or anything, still have some damaged chrome trim mind,
Old 3rd June 2015, 10:50 AM

WOW !!!
Neil, Stephen, David and all the supporters - THANK YOU !!!
A8parts - THANK YOU !!!

It was an amazing weekend and very very very well organised.
Location, oh my God, stunning, roads, superb.
Venue - great, food - great.

This was my 2nd Annual Meet and there is no way I'll be missing a single one in the future.
My daughter, ''Navigator'' and co-raffle girl and my not so good ''Co-Pilot'' (missus) were both weirdly enjoying it, although missus was a bit struggling on Friday and first part of Saturday because of work and tiredness that week, but all in we all enjoyed it.

Hats off to Tesla for Insane acceleration but the overall interior quality/design is not my cup of tea and the biggest factor of it being electric car is just not my thing hence I decided not to experience it, but it is a good car to look at, well done guys for bringing them to the meet.

Audi UK, well,
Seriously, I have no words. Refusing me to test drive my dream RS6 I was looking forward to for months is just
I won't comment more because it just makes me more angry.

On the other side, thanks to Sean's kindness I'll be going to Goodwood Festival this year because of the fact that Audi UK were acting like complete wan*ers

Other than that Great looking cars, even the white D4 A8.

It was great to catch up with everyone again, meet new forum members and catch up with old members. We'va had a good laugh and time chatting about all sort of obviously car related ''things''

Yes, I am a bit competitive, but definitely in a good way and no jealousy at all, so I'd like to thank you to everyone who voted for my 8 which came 3rd. Having two S8s on front of me and two S8s behind me kind of makes me , but I'm not normal so it is understandable. It takes a lot of effort to keep the car in this condition and keep doing things to it to be close to S8s each year (not performance wise of course )
I'm still after this trophy so list of things to do till next year's meet is already filled with ideas.
The German S8 and Del's S8, two really amazing cars, W12s, wow, I think I will never stop loving them BIG engines.

Amazing cars guys, I mean beautiful, D3s and D2s, great variation of extras, color combos and upgrades. Seeing so many beautiful D2 S8s made me think again - shall I get one and have two 8s on my driveway

Ian, your RS6, oh my God, what a car, its like it was designed in collaboration of three men, God, DaVinci and some German guy

You guys are just a great bunch of petrol heads and I feel privileged to be the part of this forum and knowing you guys.
Once again, THANK YOU !!!

(unfortunately I do not have many pictures, but will post them soon)
Thanks to Del and Sarah (Scott's Co-Pilot) for taking photos along the journey to the venue and on the way back

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten

Last edited by M-A8; 3rd June 2015 at 10:56 AM.