A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st September 2018, 07:52 PM

Default D3 Insurance

I know it has been brought up before, robbin barstewards.
We have been with Zurich for a lot of years and just asked them to change to the replacement vehicle as needed. Both of us too lazy/busy to query the price.
We always had it as Gwen being owner/driver plus me as named driver.
Renewal advice/quote has come in stating last year was £546.56.
This year £1406.88.
Needless to say I phoned them and after putting me on hold they came back and said it was due to my wife dying???????????????
They claimed that with two drivers it would be cheaper so I added my 36 year old son with 12 years no claim and they qioted £1320. He got as far as the 2 when I told him to stuff it and cancelled my automatic renewal. He was very nice and said I could always renew my automatic renewal with a phone call. Bloodie cheeky buggers. Zurich were the first car insurers I ever used, Germany 1959 for my very first car, an Opel Kapitan.
All this when I had a qoute of £300 from another company.
I knew that they would stop insuring me once I reached 80 but they did say that they had lifted that ceiling to 85 and once there they would still try to accomodate me. I did read somewhere that the government had stepped in and demanded that insurance companies dropped the 80 ceiling so this might be their way of continuing ageism.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)