A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th December 2016, 07:34 AM

Default Battery Drain (don't want to hijack Oli's thread)

Hi peeps,

I am aware that Oli has his own battery drain problem and I will be following some of the suggestions there so as to see if I can find problems on mine, but I didn't want to hijack his thread.

Essentially over the last couple weeks I am getting the "Battery Low" warning and it says it will charge the car while driving, it never seems to charge it enough. I have put the car on my CTEK a few times, first to do a battery condition cycle, then after to charge, its actually charging now as she struggled to start this morning.

I have had a few niggling errors so far come up, i.e., the boot wont open with the motor, sometimes wont close with it either, however, If I had been driving or the engine is running, it works absolutely fine, also the same after a battery charge. Which leads me to believe its battery related. I have also seen very intermittent adaptive lights errors and ESP errors, but each only once, which again makes me think its power related as they disappear after a run or a charge.

This morning I turned the car on to see a new error on the dash, the yellow suspension level light, however, once the car went on the CTEK, the light disappeared.

I suspect that my problem isn't a bad battery as I had it load tested by the auto electrician who was working on my track TT loom, and he tested the battery with a load and it stayed at 12.1v

Being as all this is guesswork as I only found out this morning that my VCDS lite and dongle don't work on the S8, I haven't had to scan her for anything all year, but now I can't provide any scans - until tomorrow that is as I have just bought a full version from Gendan this morning, so I know I can scan it then and post up what it says.

I will put the car into jacking mode when the battery is charged later and see what happens, anything else I can check at the moment before the tool arrives?

Thanks