A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 6th May 2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
Yes but if he needs to change the spare wheel onto the car it takes another hour! Hehe

Well spotted
But, there is another way, undo the thing, turn the wheel up side down - job done
Flat tyre straight into the boot as it will need changing or repairing and worry about the mess under the floor later on

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 7th May 2014, 10:30 AM

That is very impressive.

I miss my false floor on my A4.
I did think about doing it on the 8 but I don't think it would work as well cause of the shape.

Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 9th May 2014, 09:02 AM

Picked up my Audi boot mat protector yesterday.
Not had chance to open or fit it but like Lee says. It does appear to be made of some form of foam that the takeaway cups are made from but thicker.

As long as it protects the matt I'm happy.
Hopefully it wont fall apart or rip to easily.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 12th May 2014, 08:13 AM

The boot liner is in and fits well.

Like Lee said, it is some odd foam construction and will catch easily on sharp edges.
Hopefully I wont be carry anything like that.
Old 12th August 2014, 01:22 PM

Aldi have some useful storage bags available this Thurs 14th Aug.There is a boot storage bag complete with velcro strips to secure it to the boot floor. 42x29x60cm. One half can be used as a cool box. £4.99.
Or there are 3 models (different sizes) of "DIY Tote Bag". £16.99.
Old 1st October 2014, 04:12 PM

This has been one of the most entertaining threads in a while!
When I first got the A8 I thought the trunk net a bit silly and unnecessary in a luxury car, and I took it out (mainly because one hook was broken off).
Then, the first drive after I had put my box of MANY assorted car care products, (and supplies, tools, et cetera) into the trunk, I got home, and they were thoroughly strewn. I currently have the trunk cris-crossed with adjustable black bungee cords - plus one to hold down the car stuff boxes.

Speaking of storage, once I was cleaning scuff marks from the door's interior with a "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser", and I noticed they fit nicely to function as dividers in our cars' door storage compartments. Plus there's one handy if you need it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD3 View Post
I miss my false floor on my A4.
I did think about doing it on the 8 but I don't think it would work as well cause of the shape.
Very nice storage setup! I'm curious where one can buy foam like that. Any foam experts here? Closed-cell I'd guess (if that even matters).

Also, how did you cut it neatly? Once I tried an electric carving knife on advice of a friend and it left a shingled appearance.
A mattress factory to which I sold industrial supplies had hot knives (like a soldering iron with a knife blade instead of the soldering tip) and hot wire cutting setups.
If the foam is dense and thin, as would be the case for a toolbox or storage compartment, I think an X-Acto knife would work.

-Tom
Admitted OCD sufferer - only about my tools, though.
Old 9th October 2014, 05:19 PM

Finally got my self that Audi Umbrella.

More info about the umbrella here.
http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...2419#post82419
Old 15th February 2015, 03:33 PM

aTOMic, sorry for the late reply.
I just got the foam from a local foam shop.
They cut me off a square to size and I cut each shape out with a sharp blade.

Went over my mates over the weekend and picked up some liquid storage containers I designed for the car boot.

They are better than I originally thought and a bit heavier.
On their own they are 2.4kg. They hold about 1.7 litres of water.
If they all have water the combined weight will be 24kg.
Its a bit heavy and I doubt the A8 would notice it.

The main question is what to put them.
The basic fluids in a car is oil, coolant, washer, diesel and power steering fluid.
That's 5 out of the 6 containers.
I guess the final fluid would be water?

I'm open to ideas and suggestions.
Old 15th February 2015, 09:18 PM

This is my boot storage idea😏

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.