A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Fuel and Exhausts

D2 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 12th June 2010, 04:44 PM
badger7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
I tried the new Polo and really liked it. So I'm now going to see what kind of deal I can get on a 1.2 Moda (good spec) model. Should save me £80 a month in fuel and the best thing is it will be reliable too. Need it asap though. Anyone have any other suggestions? I quite like the Polo though.
I bought a new Polo 1.2 Moda for my wife a couple of months ago, it's a really nice car to drive - i did look at other things like a fiat 500, astra etc, but just couldn't bring myself to buy a non-VAG car, build quality and styling are much better IMO. The Moda spec is good, i think the only thing i wish i'd gone for as an extra is a centre armrest.

Ok, it's not an "8", but i sometimes do jump in the polo just for a sly drive in it - parking's a doddle!
Old 12th June 2010, 06:31 PM

That is good to know Badger, thanks for your input. The salesman offered me a test drive but I turned it down as I'm not fussed about how it drives. My main reason for buying this car is as it will be reliable and more suited to my daily driving when compared to the S8. If anything the 16.1 second 0-60 time would put me off. What's it like on fuel then?

I have decided on a

1.2 Moda
Nimbus Grey (Metallic)
Strata interior
17'' Boavista alloys
Front centre armrest
RCD 510 touch screen colour headunit with 6 CD changer
I Phone charger/connection

Should look like identical to the one below

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nimbus.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1155  
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds

Last edited by Singh; 12th June 2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12th June 2010, 06:50 PM

Hi mate.

SOrry it's not a simple job, I spent ages trying to get it ready for you. It definately had no fuel pressure before I removed the delivery unit but even with fuel press. it's a no go. It did start but needs some more in depth investigation. Stayed at work till 6:30 mate but gonna have to carry on Monday eve.

Try not to worry, we'll have a 100% answer by Monday and nothing's un-fixable.
Old 12th June 2010, 06:59 PM

Thanks Ben, that is reassuring. I certainly want it fixed and am not going to sell it, just decided I needed something more dependable/reliable for my daily.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 12th June 2010, 10:14 PM

Before you commit to buy the Polo, give the Citroen DS3 a look at, its a great car.
Old 12th June 2010, 10:37 PM

Sorry Reffro but the main reason I am buying another car is reliability I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy a Citreon. I may consider a Seat Ibiza 1.6 Sport or Audi A1 1.6 TDI sport though, maybe even a 116D coupe. But thats pushing it just price wise. Is the A1 in showrooms yet?
Old 12th June 2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Sorry Reffro but the main reason I am buying another car is reliability I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy a Citreon. I may consider a Seat Ibiza 1.6 Sport or Audi A1 1.6 TDI sport though, maybe even a 116D coupe. But thats pushing it just price wise. Is the A1 in showrooms yet?
UK sales start in Sept 2010 Amar

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 12th June 2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Sorry Reffro but the main reason I am buying another car is reliability
In which case, Honda Jazz or Toyota Yaris, Joint 1st in the latest JD Power survey. Polo was 7th.

Citroen reliability is no worse than VW's now. All that's left is the myth regarding VW reliability, because the fact is they do not score highly in actual measures of reliability. Skoda is the most reliable VW/Audi group brand, therefore how about a Fabia?
Old 13th June 2010, 02:41 AM

I really like Skodas, but I think the new Fabia looks crap so that's a no go. I know Japanese are the most reliable, but just don't like them. Sister brought an Accord and nothing in there seems logical to me in the layout and I don't like the way it says 'Premium sound system' on the sat nav
I sat in the Polo and felt comfortable straight away, I know that Citroen have scored highly recently and meant that reliablity comment in jest. I forgot to insert () smiley at the end. But I still don't think I could buy a Citroen. It does look good though, especially the interior. Have you driven one, and why do you recommend it?
Old 13th June 2010, 11:50 AM

Yeah I've driven the DS3. I saw it first last year at the Frankfurt show. Loved the look of it straight away. Prices are OK, not cheap, but the ability to spec the car with the options is great. The option prices aren't that terrible either. Driving wise I'd best describe it as fluent, not the fastest, but does nothing wrong.