A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Fuel and Exhausts

D2 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 21st April 2020, 05:33 AM

Default Lpg help?

Anyone on here know LPG? ECU keeps going off and requires resetting, can't seem to find anything that would cause it? Any ideas? Tia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200420_162817.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	23158  
Old 21st April 2020, 11:45 AM

I've had LPG on my car for almost seven years and only ever had one problem with it, and that was within the first six months. The car ran fine, but after about two miles of running on LPG, it would give a loud beep and switch back to petrol. The problem was due to a coil pack going bad, and the system detected it.

Curious about the image you attached. Is that software allowing you to access the LPG controller?

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 21st April 2020, 02:50 PM

Mine started misfiring so had leads changed which solved the issue, till recently when misfiring came back, new plugs solved that.

It doesn't allow it unless I press reset at which point it switches to gas and all is good.

2 mornings on my way to work it was faultless, on way home it wouldn't stay on for the life of it. Got new reducer temp sensor coming as one error code that was coming up was relating to reducer temp being low, but I would expect it to just switch to unleaded not go completely dead.
Old 23rd April 2020, 10:20 AM

I had LPG on a Commodore many many years ago. Very basic analogue system, so i can't help with the ECU side of things.
However one thing I do remember is that the recommendation was to run a 1 or 2 heat range cooler plug to promote better combustion with a cooler denser charge in the cylinder.

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)
Old 24th April 2020, 10:09 AM

join lpgforum.co.uk

I ran lpg for many years and found there were some savvy guys on there and very helpful !