A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 11th January 2019, 11:59 AM

Default 2000 Blue Audi A8 Quattro Sport Auto

2000 Blue Audi A8 Quattro Sport Auto

I have reluctantly decided to sell my A8 Sport as a donor car for parts only, I have owned the car for twelve years and enjoyed every minute of it, but recently it has had a couple of major issues that I have paid to have fixed but they keep recurring the first was the condensate return pipe on the A/C broke and flooded the car and secondly the sleep mechanism on the electrics when you turn off the ignition does not function properly and drains the battery. So the car is no longer reliable. I have the bonnet resprayed recently with the intention of hanging onto it for a while.

It has done a genuine 78,000 miles and I have a folder full of service, repairs and MOT bills listing all of the issues. The car is MOT'ed till 3rd of April 2019 so it can be driven away. The cream leather inside is in very good condition and the car generally is quite tidy, it has never been in an accident and all of the panels are dent free. The [IMG] gearbox functions well and all of the other toys including electric seats all function.The tyres are in good condition with some life left on the them, the spare wheel has never been used.

The plated are currently being change so the ones in the photos will be the original registration plates, if you want to check the car out on the web I will give you the current reg if you are interested.

Considering the mileage I would be looking for around £2,000 but I and open to offers.

[/IMG]

Old 12th January 2019, 02:14 AM

Can't believe no comments ....

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)

Last edited by gninnam; 12th January 2019 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12th January 2019, 02:20 AM

Checked the reg - W38AAP - no info

What is the current reg?

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 12th January 2019, 08:12 AM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

4.2, 3.7 or 2.8?

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
1997 4.2 A8SQ - the Projekt. 12 years and ongoing!
1997 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. Restoration sat waiting; saved from the Scrapyard
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.
2005 C5 Allroad 2.5TDi FE - Grey - Workhorse.
2015 Q3QS SLine - Daytona Grey. Lots of extras! Long Haired Admirals cutter.

Previously
2003 C5 A6 1.9TDI FWD - Loaner from D2 Doctor Lifex
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
2003 2.8 A8SQ - powder blueish. Fill in for a while. Sold on.
1998 1.8T A4 Avant FWD. Ming Blue (there's a theme here), PEX for the 97 S8.
And a list of non VAG going back 40 years before I saw the light.
Old 12th January 2019, 10:19 AM

HI

Thank you for the replies.

It is 4.8 litre

The listing says clearly to email me if you require the current reg, it will be changing to the one in the photos soon.
Old 12th January 2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carson View Post
HI

Thank you for the replies.

It is 4.8 litre

The listing says clearly to email me if you require the current reg, it will be changing to the one in the photos soon.
Hi Carson

Assuming that the car hasn't had a 4.8 litre engine transplanted into it since birth (not wishing to sound as sarcastic as that may read), but I think you meant to type either 4.2 or 2.8?

Future work on "Red Dwarf": Fridge, solar sunroof, radio-controlled clock, interior and exterior dimming mirrors, Alcantara headlining/pillars/rear shelf, rear US outer lights, passenger memory seat, rear electric (lumbar and headrest) heated seats, Servotronic.
2002 A8 D2 S8 FE - "Red Dwarf" - Misano Red - Platinum/Silver Interior, PDC, Sat Nav Plus with BOSE and hidden Dension Bluetooth, Multi-changer, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, FE Wheels, Phone Prep with Nokia 6210, Detachable Towbar, Rear Blinds, S8 plate but no other optional extras
1st Place Winner - A8Parts Annual UK Meet 2018
1st Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2018
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2019
2002 A8L D2 with a factory fitted S8 engine and drivetrain - "Evergreen" - Irish Green Pearl (TBC) - magnolia leather seats with magnolia door cards/door trims, magnolia leather head-lining, extended leather pack 3 (dark green leather dash, upper door cards, steering wheel, lower dash, centre tunnel and rear parcel shelf), factory black external trim (in lieu of chrome), self-levelling suspension, Servotronic, Brembo brakes, "gullideckel" / "man-hole cover" / "pie-plate" 8Jx18 polished 10-hole design wheels typically seen on the W12, Park Distance Control, heated windscreen, multifunction steering wheel, Vavona burl (burr-walnut) wood inserts with cream/magnolia door switch trims, phone preparation to the front with Nokia 6091 phone, phone preparation to the rear with Nokia 6091 phone on the central rear console, third phone preparation in the rear centre console, rear blinds, rear headrest release feature, rear electric heated seats with lumbar and recline function (the rear passenger seat has the facility to move the front passenger seat forward), BOSE audio, Rear Screen Entertainment (RSE) with dual factory fitted Alpine screens, integrated DVD player (under the centre of the rear bench with 4 DVD storage slots) and two remote controls (the controls and inputs for the RSE are in the rear centre console and the screens can operate independently of each other,) factory supplied leather headrest covers to hide the rear screens, rear vanity mirrors (standard A8L), dark green rear wedge footrests with cream piping, front passenger memory seat, dark green floor carpeting and mats – piped in cream, rear slumber pillows for the headrests, integrated fridge with integrated tumblers inside the rear centre headrest bar compartment, solar roof, auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors, factory driver’s seat fire extinguisher, tire pressure monitoring system, first aid kit, 12 V socket in the boot, TRACKER, derestricted – top speed is 155mph plus
2007 A6 Allroad C6 3.0TDI Quattro - Highland Green (Audi Exclusive Colour) - Cream leather interior with Wood, Advanced MMI, Keyless, Bose, Advanced PDC, Sunroof, Heated Memory Seats, Adaptive Xenons, Adaptive Air Suspension, Servotronic

Previous (went to good homes):
2002 A8 D2 2.8 Quattro Sport - "Big Red" - Tornado Red (Special Order) - Twist Interior, PDC, Passenger Memory Seats, Symphony II with BOSE, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto-dimming Mirrors, 20" FE Wheels, Servotronic Steering
2002 A8 D2 2.8 Quattro Sport - Aqua Blue Pearl - Twist Interior, PDC, Sat Nav Plus with BOSE, Multi-changer, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto-dimming Mirrors, Avus Wheels

Old 12th January 2019, 12:39 PM

Hi

Sorry it is 4.2 litre and I am reluctant to post the current registration so if you want to check on the car with the MOT website please email, I have copied and pasted in the contents of the MOT website, I can assure you that it is all genuine. The current MOT runs until the 18th of April.

I am new to your forum and I don't even know if this is the appropriate place to advertise the car, if not perhaps one of the members could please advise. I will give it four weeks to see if it sells and then dispose of it locally.

I don't need to tell the members how expensive the parts are for these cars but to give you an example I recently spent £70 plus the cost of getting it sprayed blue on the cover to the pop up windscreen washers .
Here is a print out off the MOT site.

Date tested
19 April 2018
PASS
Mileage
76,128 miles
MOT test number
8076 6647 8686
Test location
View test location
Expiry date
18 April 2019
Advisory notice item(s)
Oil leak Engine ()
Oil leak Gear box ()
Nearside Rear Lower coil spring corroded bottom coil (2.4.C.1b)
Offside Rear Lower coil spring corroded bottom coil (2.4.C.1b)
What are advisories?
Date tested
18 April 2018
FAIL
Mileage
76,127 miles
MOT test number
2575 9278 5688
Test location
View test location
Reason(s) for failure
Nearside Rear rear brake binding (3.7.B.1)
Advisory notice item(s)
Oil leak Engine ()
Oil leak Gear box ()
Nearside Rear Lower coil spring corroded bottom coil (2.4.C.1b)
Offside Rear Lower coil spring corroded bottom coil (2.4.C.1b)
What are failures and advisories?
Date tested
3 April 2017
PASS
Mileage
73,425 miles
MOT test number
8870 2844 8867
Test location
View test location
Expiry date
12 April 2018
Advisory notice item(s)
engine covers fitted
under trays fitted at rear covering brake lines
Oil leak engine ()
Oil leak gear box ()
Oil leak rear diff front seal weeping ()
What are advisories?
Date tested
3 April 2017
FAIL
Mileage
73,425 miles
MOT test number
5312 3284 9328
Test location
View test location
Reason(s) for failure
Central Front registration plate character(s) incorrectly spaced (6.3.4a)
Central Rear registration plate character(s) incorrectly spaced (6.3.4a)
Valve stem seriously damaged all 4 tyre valves are perished/cracked (4.1.D.1e)
Advisory notice item(s)
engine covers fitted
under trays fitted at rear covering brake lines
Oil leak engine ()
Oil leak gear box ()
Oil leak rear diff front seal weeping ()
Date tested
23 March 2016
PASS
Mileage
70,869 miles
MOT test number
5193 4115 1820
Test location
View test location
Expiry date
12 April 2017
Advisory notice item(s)
engine covers undertrays oil leaks
Steering system has slight free play detected at steering wheel top columbe bush (2.2.A.1b)
Nearside Rear Valve stem slightly damaged (4.1.D.1e)
Offside Rear Valve stem slightly damaged (4.1.D.1e)
What are advisories?
Date tested
9 April 2015
PASS
Mileage
68,865 miles
MOT test number
5664 1919 5082
Test location
View test location
Expiry date
12 April 2016
Advisory notice item(s)
Nearside Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
Offside Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
Oil leak
o.s.f. brake binding slightly when rotated by hand
What are advisories?
Date tested
9 April 2015
FAIL
Mileage
68,865 miles
MOT test number
4395 7999 5048
Test location
View test location
Reason(s) for failure
Nearside Front Headlamp aim too low (1.8)
Offside Front Headlamp aim too low (1.8)
Centre Front registration plate incorrect (6.3.1a)
Centre Rear registration plate incorrect (6.3.1a)
Advisory notice item(s)
Nearside Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
Offside Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
Oil leak
o.s.f. brake binding slightly when rotated by hand
Date tested
2 April 2014
PASS
Mileage
67,177 miles
MOT test number
4053 7219 4047
Test location
View test location
Expiry date
12 April 2015
Advisory notice item(s)
exhaust system slightly corroded
What are advisories?
Date tested
9 April 2013
PASS
Mileage
66,770 miles
MOT test number
7552 5909 3081
Test location
View test location
Expiry date
12 April 2014
Advisory notice item(s)
Offside Front Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 10mm circle within zone 'A' (8.3.1a)
Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components
Engine covers fitted obscuring some components in the engine bay
What are advisories?
Date tested
9 April 2013
FAIL
Mileage
66,770 miles
MOT test number
6152 1909 3035
Test location
View test location
Reason(s) for failure
Front registration plate character(s) incorrectly spaced (6.3.4a)
Rear registration plate character(s) incorrectly spaced (6.3.4a)
Advisory notice item(s)
Offside Front Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 10mm circle within zone 'A' (8.3.1a)
Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components
Engine covers fitted obscuring some components in the engine bay
Date tested
4 April 2012
PASS
Mileage
63,815 miles
MOT test number
7154 5529 2011
Test location
View test location
Expiry date
12 April 2013
Advisory notice item(s)
Nearside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
What are advisories?
Date tested
6 April 2011
PASS
Mileage
61,876 miles
MOT test number
3883 7689 1089
Test location
View test location
Expiry date
12 April 2012
Advisory notice item(s)
Offside Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 40mm circle outside zone 'A' (8.3.1d)
Oil leak
What are advisories?
Date tested
6 April 2011
FAIL
Mileage
61,876 miles
MOT test number
5964 3669 1085
Test location
View test location
Reason(s) for failure
Nearside Headlamp aim too high (1.8)
Offside Headlamp aim too high (1.8)
Advisory notice item(s)
Offside Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 40mm circle outside zone 'A' (8.3.1d)
Oil leak
Date tested
31 March 2010
PASS
Mileage
58,912 miles
MOT test number
1103 4069 0484
Test location
View test location
Expiry date
12 April 2011
Advisory notice item(s)
Centre Exhaust has part of the system slightly deteriorated (7.1.1a)
Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 10mm circle within zone 'A' (8.3.1a)
What are advisories?
Date tested
6 April 2009
PASS
Mileage
54,395 miles
MOT test number
8939 5669 9066
Test location
View test location
Expiry date
12 April 2010
Date tested
11 April 2008
PASS
Mileage
53,700 miles
MOT test number
2437 9260 8146
Test location
View test location
Expiry date
12 April 2009
Date tested
10 April 2007
PASS
Mileage
45,299 miles
MOT test number
4112 7050 7119
Test location
View test location
Expiry date
12 April 2008
Date tested
13 April 2006
PASS
Mileage
33,304 miles
MOT test number
1302 7320 6198
Test location
View test location
Enter latest V5C number
11 digits from the vehicle log book

Expiry date
12 April 2007
Date tested
11 April 2006
FAIL
Mileage
33,304 miles
MOT test number
2003 6180 6491
Test location
View test location
Reason(s) for failure
Nearside Front Front suspension has excessive play in a upper suspension ball joint (2.5.B.1a)
What are failures?
Old 12th January 2019, 02:19 PM

Don't mean to offend you, but your reluctance to give out the current registration is at least one of the reasons why you don't seem to be getting much interest.

There is also the fact that despite owning the car for 12 years (your words), you list it as a 4.8, which doesn't even exist. I could understand it if you meant 4.2 and put down 4.3 or 4.1 as a simple slip of the finger.

You are also advertising on a site dedicated to A8/S8s, as opposed to the likes of eBay, Gumtree or even Facebook, so the chances of you getting tyre kickers or someone who just wants a run in an A8 is zero. It is also your first post, so you just joined the forum to sell your car.

To be brutally honest, if I saw this ad anywhere else, I would walk away, as there are too many warning flags. I'm not accusing you of being dishonest, but your approach to selling your car doesn't reflect that.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 12th January 2019, 03:04 PM

Hi Steamship

Thank you for your views, I am sure they are meant in good faith.

I don't agree with your comment about the number plates, and private numbers are continually cloned from the web and your site is no exception.

As the original listing say, if you want the number contact me, that way I know who is getting the information or phone me on 07785550131

The mistake about the engine size was genuine, I answered a question from Conan the Librarian 4.2, 3.7 or 2.8 wrongly.
Old 12th January 2019, 03:25 PM

Personally I do not understand this reluctance over registration numbers.
After all they are visible to everyone all the time the vehicle is on the road.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)