A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 4th February 2018, 04:57 PM

Default Parking Brake Issue

Hello everyone, Newbie here needing help.

I recently found my EPB module under water which buggered my EPB module and left hand rear brake caliper.

I replaced the module and installed a refurbished motor & Caliper. Once i had replaced the Module i was finally able to get the VCDS to communicate with the module and was able to reprogram it to the car. all the flashing lights and dongs had mostly cleared. I just had the MIL light on.

I carried out the procedure as per Ross Tech with regards to calibration but the only caliper that moved was the original one which was on the right side. As soon as the caliper came to a stop the large exclamation sign started to flash and bong its head off. The only different thing i did do was had the car running as i had no trickle charger ( Could this of not helped?)

I then removed the new Caliper and applied power to the plug just to see if it would move. It did but only one way. took the motor of just to ensure that it worked and that the caliper would move both ways manually and it did.

All put back together, yet still no working EPB. Is there any thing i can try or do you think the problem is the refurb Caliper?
Hope the above makes sense.

Appreciate any help or guidance given.
Old 9th February 2018, 07:46 AM

Default Parking Brake Update

It turned out to be the refurbished caliper. As the saying goes, buy cheap buy twice. Purchased a new caliper from europarts and all is working, all lights out. I am well chuffed, now I can start to enjoy the car.

Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 09:59 AM

Result! And welcome from me

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 19th February 2018, 10:40 AM

Matty,

Thanks for the welcome. I am Well Chuffed.