A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 12th May 2018, 01:10 PM

Default Many miles - no "8s"

I drove down to Hereford using the A49 early doors yesterday in a VW, not too bad. Collected a coach there with passengers and brought them back the same way.
All those miles and not a single 8 to be seen.
Perhaps they received the warning letters and paid heed.
Tomorrow I'm in my soot chucker heading down to the National Arboretum at Arewas.
Tuesday driving a coach and pax to Bodnan Gardens.
Thusday doing a four day tour in Barmouth, just across the river from hotel George III, if you remember Snowdonia. Wow, that was three years ago, time goes by.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 12th May 2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
I drove down to Hereford using the A49 early doors yesterday in a VW, not too bad. Collected a coach there with passengers and brought them back the same way.
All those miles and not a single 8 to be seen.
Perhaps they received the warning letters and paid heed.
Tomorrow I'm in my soot chucker heading down to the National Arboretum at Arewas.
Tuesday driving a coach and pax to Bodnan Gardens.
Thusday doing a four day tour in Barmouth, just across the river from hotel George III, if you remember Snowdonia. Wow, that was three years ago, time goes by.
I wish I had half your energy Ray!

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 12th May 2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
I wish I had half your energy Ray!
It's not energy it's needing the money

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 13th May 2018, 04:18 PM

Just back from a. 600 mile round trip to Bristol, Ray.

I saw one, a 3.0 TDi D3, metallic blue, on an 08 plate.

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 13th May 2018, 05:19 PM

One day last year heading south on the M5 from Bristol two 8s passed me. I was in a coach so they did not "see" me.
A few miles later they were on the hard shoulder with one of them blue/yellow chequered things flashing blue lights parked behind them.
I think he was treating them to a coffee, but then I'm not the brightest.

Old 13th May 2018, 07:26 PM

I was on the M42 when a scruffy A4 Avant on foreign plates weaved past, undertaking then overtaking cars in a very reckless manner.

I wish there'd been a similar "coffee dispenser" around to witness the actions of that fool

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra