A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st August 2014, 09:47 AM

Unhappy Heeelllppppp!!!!!!

this morning I was dropping my grand daughter off to school when the car (3.7 fl 2000)just stopped , lots of flickering warning lights and when i tried to restart it the display was dimmer than usual and it started beeping and . My brother in law came down and had a quick look and couldn't see anything wrong, vagcom didn't show anything.
So he attached the jump leads and the car burst into life, thinking it was the battery I swapped it over for another one I had which was a known good one and the car showed the same symptoms, but it would now no longer start, the first try the instrument display was bright as usual the car kicked into life then died and the display was then dimmer again.

I am thinking it could be a ground issue due to the weird dim/bright effect and the multiple warning lights with no actual fault.

Do you think it could be the earth at the front?
Can this be reached without taking off the wheel ?
Anyone have a picture of the location ?
Any other ideas ?

to make matters worse, my old car (2.8 1998)which has been sitting for a week has now decided to randomly idle about 500 rpm which makes it stall, not funny when slowing for a corner and the damn thing stalls taking out the power steering and brakes.

I really need my car for getting around else I would be housebound so this is like someone removing my legs