A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 20th November 2009, 11:59 AM

Default bury hands free speaker installation query

Hi All
Have aquired a bury hands free kit,but my query is to enable me to listen to the conversation through the front speakers,how do I rig this up to my concert head unit?The iso brown block from the handsfree unit plugs into the head unit but as i have bose, lucky me,ha,ha,there is no block from the vehicle to plug into the other end.The Black power block works through the head unit,have tried,it just the speaker issue.So,Is there an iso adapter, or isnt it possible to use this feature and i need to get a seperate speaker,or quite possibly,I am being completely stupid and am missing something obvious.
Cheers guys in advance
Rich
p.s I have the old pf A8,so be gentle with me!!!!!!!
Old 20th November 2009, 01:18 PM

Nope.. the Bose uses the pre-outs in the 'top' of the three blocks on the steroe where the standard amp uses pre-out for the rear only with the front speakers using the standard connectors in the ISO block (my D2's car kit sometimes doesn't mute the stereo so you get music in the back and phone in the front).

Not sure if there's another cable to put the audio into the Bose as it would be expecting a pre-amp signal, so your car kit may be too high an input.

If it's got a 'standard' 3.5mm jack like most to, you could likely pick up a speaker from ebay for a few quid.

I know.. I know..

Old 20th November 2009, 08:21 PM

Cheers Psyche,

As always rapid response,so many thanks,will go for the speaker option of ebay I think,

Will the stereo mute now if I use this option of seperate speaker,or is that function linked to the iso brown block?Have noticed on the head unit the mute connector outlet,seperate to the other iso blocks?

Cheers

Rich
Old 20th November 2009, 10:02 PM

If you connect your car kit mute to the wire in the ISO block, then it will mute.

Car should pop up and say 'TELEFON' in the stereo and the DIS. (or at least it does in the PF)

I know.. I know..