A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 31st July 2017, 11:02 AM

Default TPMS - can you help please? (VCDS)

Can someone give me a steer on this please?

TPMS keeps coming up with fault on the dashboard - not related to a particular tyre, just a TPMS yellow fault in the dash

I go to TPMS and can see all tyres including spare are green but not registering any Temp or Pressure values.

Reinitialising doesn't do the job.

How can I diagnose this with VCDS and anything specific I can do that kicks it back in to life?

Any help or pointers to thread, stickies etc., I've missed would be gratefully received

Thanks

D.
Old 31st July 2017, 12:13 PM

I can't help with the VCDS side of things, but the sensors do have a battery life of about 7 years. After which you will need new ones. Once fitted the new sensors work after re-initialising in the MMI
Old 1st August 2017, 04:04 PM

Yes thinking they may be out.

Checked on VCDS yesterday and seems to only report one TPMS being an issue but then I think I need to go in to each TPMS sensor somehow so I can check voltage and the like - also seems VCDS can check each car sensor (the one one the car that speaks to the TPMS sensor in the wheel) so could potentially do that too but I need to know how ti all works to know what I'm looking at.

Another option for me may just be to find out how to use VCDS to just turn the damn thing off.