A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 5th April 2016, 03:31 PM

really? i expected it to be better
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 5th April 2016, 04:20 PM

Really, the cheapest finance is usually a bank loan at 3.x% APR
Old 5th April 2016, 05:29 PM

Out of interest how much was the interest rate on PCP? Didn't know they do PCP on used cars. On new cars you can sometimes get 0% deals.
Old 5th April 2016, 05:31 PM

Dealer finance is always more expensive on Used, astounds me how many people must take it for convenience.

Under 25k borrowing you're best off unsecured personal loan, more than 25k borrowing try Oracle Finance, message me for a referral if you need one. Oracles APR on used will be 6.x % and they are often far more sensible about final payments, ie they don't over inflate them to make it look artificially cheap
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 5th April 2016, 05:58 PM

dont know what the interest rate was, they wouldnt let me take the document away

there was 23k owing after part ex and cash going in so the pcp was 48 months at £436 with 11500 left to pay to keep it

not a good deal for me
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 5th April 2016, 06:00 PM

it started at 470 ish and he did say he could shave it down to 420

just made me think he was making up numbers to get me hooked in really

Old 5th April 2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
Dealer finance is always more expensive on Used, astounds me how many people must take it for convenience.

Under 25k borrowing you're best off unsecured personal loan, more than 25k borrowing try Oracle Finance, message me for a referral if you need one. Oracles APR on used will be 6.x % and they are often far more sensible about final payments, ie they don't over inflate them to make it look artificially cheap
This is sound advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post
dont know what the interest rate was, they wouldnt let me take the document away

there was 23k owing after part ex and cash going in so the pcp was 48 months at £436 with 11500 left to pay to keep it

not a good deal for me
I'm no financial advisor but put your figures into this for example: http://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/borr...ing_zone.shtml

£23,000 borrowed over 54 months works out at £459.41 per month at 3.4% APR, no final payment of £11500 and only six months additional term

Edited to say: Your dealer finance would cost you a total of 32,428 including the final payment, personal loan only £24,808 - i.e. only costing ~£1,400 for the finance vs ~£9,500!!!!!!!!

Last edited by paulrstaylor; 5th April 2016 at 07:15 PM.
Old 6th April 2016, 11:52 AM

Default pcp/finance

I ve been round and round in circles with pcp/finance recently. Personally, I never really liked it as you pay the depreciation but have nothing to show for it at the end of it.

Work out the total cost of the finance and decide if the car is worth that much to you. Thats the way i tend to decide on whether i would like to buy the car.

Recently, I bought a kia and decided that all i wanted to pay was 500 pound in terms of interest so asked the finance guy to work out my options based on this figure. Then I took the option that was best for me.
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Old 6th April 2016, 12:02 PM

PCP isnt for me, i just wanted a reasonable quote for the finance, which he obviously didnt want to give me.
Ive told them where to go now, to be honest the sales guys were fine, the finance managers are the ones who set the prices and work out the deal.

Old 6th April 2016, 12:17 PM

Agreed - if you sort your own finance then they will still try but they quickly give up