A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 31st May 2017, 01:28 PM

Default Nokia 6310i Wanted

Hi Guys,
I am looking to acquire a Nokia 6310i for my in car phone cradle.
Does anyone have a working model they would like to sell me.
Phone needs to be (unlocked) so that I can use different sim cards from different sources.
Thanks for reading
David
Sony rear entertainment package.
Bose sound system.
Audi Navigation Plus.
20 inch Final Edition alloys
Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble :
1997 A8 Quattro Sport - Now sold when S8 FE purchased
Old 31st May 2017, 01:35 PM

I have two of those, definitely unlocked, kept for emergency backup on holidays as the batteries last forever.
Just need to dig them out to check. What price are you thinking and are you at the meet this weekend?
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 31st May 2017, 01:37 PM

Plenty of 6310i's on eBay, all below £100.
Refurbished ones are all in good condition and will work forever.

On a separate matter, what SIM only contract can be recommend for a car phone, which I only use in emergency situations?

Want something that won't have monthly costs and the will allow me to stay quiet for months without having to activate it again.
Old 31st May 2017, 01:42 PM

I'd recommend GiffGaff for emergency phone, just keep a bit of credit on it and use every few months.
(They do warn you if you've been inactive and a candidate for disconnection)

My 6310i's, the Orange logo one is definitely unlocked (as is the other one):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nokia6310i.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	16204  
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 31st May 2017, 02:10 PM

Freedompop offers free SIM with free 200 minutes, 200 texts and 200MB per month, only need to pay £2 for Sim delivery, runs on Three network. Only compatible with smartphones and need to use their app. Calls run over VOIP so can be unreliable if signal is weak.

Three gives you free data SIM with free 200MB per month, I suppose you can add some credit and use it for calls as well, not sure how long credit lasts if unused. Great if you only need it for small data usage like using old phone as a tracking device for car for example.

If you are TalkTalk fibre broadband customer they give free SIM with 200 min, unlimited texts, 500MB per month free, runs on Vodafone network.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 31st May 2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old 31st May 2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Freedompop offers free SIM with free 200 minutes, 200 texts and 200MB per month, only need to pay £2 for Sim delivery, runs on Three network. Only compatible with smartphones and need to use their app. Calls run over VOIP so can be unreliable if signal is weak.

Three gives you free data SIM with free 200MB per month, I suppose you can add some credit and use it for calls as well, not sure how long credit lasts if unused. Great if you only need it for small data usage like using old phone as a tracking device for car for example.
Pretty sure neither will work with a 6310i.
Old 31st May 2017, 03:15 PM

>> Pretty sure neither will work with a 6310i.

Why? Because of the form factor?
Old 31st May 2017, 03:30 PM

2100MHz. The one band the 6310i doesn't cover.
Also GSM whereas Three is UMTS.

Last edited by HPsauce; 31st May 2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 31st May 2017, 04:08 PM

Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 04:14 PM

Hi HP,
Not sure what price to offer you as I do not wish to insult you.
I would much rather purchase from someone I know, than a unknown contact on ebay.
This would only be used when I am in the UK and travelling around in the S8.
At the risk of insulting you would you accept £25 for one.

Unfortunately i am not attending the annual meet as my daughter is moving home this weekend.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers
David
Sony rear entertainment package.
Bose sound system.
Audi Navigation Plus.
20 inch Final Edition alloys
Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble :
1997 A8 Quattro Sport - Now sold when S8 FE purchased