A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 3rd September 2014, 01:03 PM

would it be worth finding a reasonable length of road, a friend or family member with a 2nd car, hands free form of communication and testing it together with a little of a control of the car in front for testing?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 8th September 2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
would it be worth finding a reasonable length of road, a friend or family member with a 2nd car, hands free form of communication and testing it together with a little of a control of the car in front for testing?
That's a good idea.

I'll be running up the M3 tomorrow evening, but being careful I'll try and work out how far out, and which way the radar needs pointing to correct the error. I know which screw adjusts horizontal and vertical, so I'll make the smallest of corrections and see what happens.

On another note, I've updated the Nav maps again. For some reason mine only likes OEM discs, DVDRs are not reliable. I guess the laser has become weak over time, so now I have a 2009 original DVD which I got from the bay for not much money. Not bang up to date, but considerably newer than the 2003 one which was being used before.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 8th September 2014, 05:42 PM

Great stuff Mannyo! I wonder if mine has had the coil packs changed. I shall call Audi tomorrow to find out.
Old 10th September 2014, 06:54 PM

Well I run up the M3 last night (currently in hertfordshire), and did some testing with ACC. HGVs are detected fine, everytime and cars are more or less missed entirely unless going from down hill to flat.. I believe its because the Radar beam is pointing upwards so going over the roof of the car in front. I'll probably try adjusting the vertical alignment first rather than horizontal and then test again.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 11th September 2014, 08:40 PM

It takes bloody a lot of time and effort to get that thing set and calibrated.
But, you'll get there soon Manny, you are not that far from the look of it and its great to see how much work you have managed to do over the past few months since the day your list of things to sort was quiet looong
Keep it up mate

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 12th September 2014, 05:43 AM

I'll be at ADI in a few weeks at Castle Combe, so I'll hopefully finally get to see your 8 Marcin.
Old 12th September 2014, 09:34 AM

...and you will hear it first before you see it on the horizon

I am looking forward to seeing your as well because of the colour, wheels and PF front combination which I really like

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
Old 20th September 2014, 06:05 AM

To note on the 'backup' navigation discs. They must be burned by a Pioneer DVDR and onto certain media for it to be recognised as original

On the radar option it might be worth the peace of mind of letting Audi calibrate it correctly. Just plead ignorance if you retrofitted it
Old 29th October 2014, 08:40 AM

Discovered today that the exhaust is blowing again from the area of the both replaced flexi joints. Hopefully its just one of the clamps holding it all together moved, driving up and down the farm track the underside sometimes catches on large stones and grass/weeds. Hopefully I'll get the car looked at during the weekend to ascertain the cause.

Booking in next week to replace the NSR wheel bearing and fix the headlight washers.
Old 29th October 2014, 09:58 AM

That's not good Mannyo.
If its the flex they you may need another one, but you wont be the first one to do it so quickly. I actually damaged mine two days after fitting it on the gate stop down the slope to my drive way. I immediately called contractors to sort it out. Before I've had only 4mm clearance when driving out really slowly. With a bit of speed that was like -10mm hence on the first go after lowering the car I actually pulled the whole gate stop out and concrete around it, but no other damage to the car thankfully

Where are you going to do the wheel bearings?? I may go and see Chris to remove CP from my new cluster and correct the mileage, but that would be one of the Saturdays.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10