A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 26th March 2015, 08:30 PM

Smile I'm back

Hi Guys
First of all apologies to everyone who PMd me in the past three months and got no reply.
I completely abandoned the email associated with the forum which was my work email from which I've resigned in December.

So, week before Christmas I handed over my resignation letter, but day next day I've already had new contract signed in my hands.
I was left with only 2.5weeks to finish the project I started 3.5 years ago inc. setting the budgets and works to be done for this year.
But that's not all. At the same time of starting new job I had to deal with moving home while doing two jobs at the same time, and the new project was even bigger and more serious than the one I started 3.5 years ago.
It gets better Before moving I had to fully, and I mean fully refurbish new place and me being the an@l one, everything had to be done to a good or high standard so it was a very loooong and expensive project....while working on two other work related projects. Absolutely mad.
Huge decisions straight from the beginning of the year, work, moving and refurbishing the house, all at the same time.

Anyway, two weeks ago we have finished all the living areas and in about 4-6 weeks we will be replacing all the windows and doors, putting whole new kitchen, sorting the garden, new boiler inc powerflush ad other bits.

New job is great, busy as hell for now but in about 3-4 years it will be a walk in the park for the rest of my life if I decide to stay that long.

I actually pushed my self to the limit in last three months with 3-4 hours on average of sleep 7 days a week and so much pressure and stress that last week I ended up at A&E with suspected mini stroke which actually was a stand off from my body side and saying ''NO, I can't cope with your actions and life style anymore''
I was busy all my life and under pressure which I put on my self just to stay busy all the time, but this have never happened to me so it is probably a fact that I am not getting any younger, but it also got me thinking. Lesson learned.

In the mean time I also put another 8-cylinder beast on the driveway, but this time a 5-litre one, not German but American powered by American engine, details below
Love it, all white leather, 2 bedrooms, toilet with outside shower, kitchen and dining area, sound system on the deck and proper nav gps gizmos.

Anyway, I'm not properly back coz I have now all days filled with meeting with architects or contractors and big projects coming on, but today I have delayed few till summer so soon unfortunately you will see more or me.

I'm also toying with buying another 4 rings, mainly for my missus, but something with potential so I can play with between the boat and my most important thing in the world, my 8
I know I'll be getting 3dr A3, 2-3 years old, buuuuuuut very recently I've been offered through work ANY car I want which I can swap every 3 years.
It's very similar to lease, but with a twist.
- monthly cost will deducted from my wages before I get taxted, NId and pay my pensions.
- cost includes as standard: fully comp car insurance for me and my Mrs, breakdown cover, cost of tyres, all the servicing and tax.
- all you really need is to put petrol in.
Cost is £300 a month for a brand new 3dr 1.4TFSI S-Line with 18'' alloys and usual gizmos, led drl, bi-xenons, half leather and more. Process starts exactly same as when buying a car, you build the car to any spec you want inc, colour, trims etc, and that is for any car, but the cost of £300 is for a S-Line spec A3.

So I'm kind struggling with making the decision.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Annual Meet, but all I know so far is the location.
ANYONE could give me any heads up, especially available accommodation before I get round reading all the posts PLEASE ????

There is also a truly amazing and super cool mod I'm working on with another ''member'' since November and our aim is to have it ready for the meet, BUT no more info so please don't ask, but majority if not all of you will love it as we have put a lot of design, research, money and time to make it right.

Guys, I will be replying to all the messages very shortly.

It really feels good to be back
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	730111379_97488.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	10383   Click image for larger version

Name:	730111459_97834.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	10384  

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 31st March 2015, 01:02 PM

Great to have you back Marcin!!