A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 23rd August 2019, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Doody View Post
I have an electric ariel on my D2. How high should it go? Is there a way to take them apart to refurb them? My radio signal is not really that great, but the ariel does go high that i would have thought that it would be half decent.
Probably dry solder joints in aerial amp

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 29th August 2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Probably dry solder joints in aerial amp
Is it this part: Aerial Diversity Module 4D0035530C?

Is it fixable?
Old 26th September 2021, 12:55 PM

Default Aerial Grommet availability?

Just removed the aerial to deal with corrosion around the hole and intend to replace the grommet so this thread has been very useful. MJ is absolutely right - it requires some brutal force to get the aerial back down through the grommet! I thought i would pull the panel in before it finally popped out.
However the grommet doesn't seem available at this time even on our sponsors ebay site. I will try Maria on monday but does any one have one lying around in good condition that want to part with?
Old 5th November 2021, 06:58 PM

Having now had the corrosion dealt with i came to the aerial re-assembly. The link provided to me by MJ for states that fitment for the aerial grommet is for A/S8 but when it arrived it had part No 8D0 not 4D0 and on inspection was a different shape with a perceptibly different angle of the shoulder which, naturally, would affect the angle of the aerial. It was of a VERY much harder plastic too which had no "give" in it at all. having discussed this with MJ and the issues of 3D printing i thought that would go ahead and see how this fitted. Putting it in boiling water, softened it completely and it went in with no force at all. Then, using a heat gun, i gave it a quick warm up before inserting the aerial which, with a smear of vaseline on the O-ring, just slipped in easy. (I'm desperately avoiding double entendres here - so glad Dezzy isnt around too often)
The possible angle issue just wasn't apparent after fitting. it looks OEM
So, in short, the replacement grommet works well and the lesson learnt is that warming before both removal and insertion makes the job a 100% easier.
Old 6th November 2021, 03:43 PM

That's a bit like Janet and John

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 6th November 2021, 04:22 PM

Ah, how we miss Sir Terry!