A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 31st July 2017, 10:57 AM

Default Tune2Air WMA3000A Users....

Does anyone have problems with this device connecting to Audi AMI?

I've fitted AMI and firmware updates done to MMI - looks good and have had one successful connection to the Tune2Air device where I spent a lovely 30 minutes listening to some tunes from Spotify streaming to the car - bliss.

Since then - nada. MY mail to Tune2Air Viseeo reads:

"My phone Pairs with the tune2air adapter but I can not play Spotify or Apple Music through it despite these being local on my iPhone and able to play through other bluetooth sources. The Tune2Air is seen by my phone and connects fine but Audi AMI reports "No songs on device". I have tried various ways of reconnecting the tune2air device, reconnecting bluetooth, deleting the tune2air device from my phone and repairing - none of these work. It would appear that the device is not talking to the AMI properly."

Can anyone else assist please? Any tips or tricks you can provide?

Thanks in advance - this is driving me nuts after getting everything else sorted!
Old 1st August 2017, 10:16 AM

Hi mate. I feel your pain. I have been using mine for maybe a year or two now. I have a 2009 AMI, I know people have had mixed success with AMI hardware older than this.

Occasionally when the MMI/AMI plays up the message no playable songs on device appears. I usually reset the the MMI, with the magic three finger press (google that one if you don't know it already) and it resynchs and all is well.

The synch/connection can feel like it doesn't want to work, but does, if you know what I mean. And frequently the last song played is forgotten. The connection usually takes 30 seconds to a minute, which is slow, but worth it to have full control over the music app.

Oddly I have found, when returning to the car accessing the boot first, and then getting into the car the connection can be seemless and the last song remembered from hours ago.

Regarding Spotify and the like, you can only control these from the phone itself. The MMI will just communicate with your iPhone like its an iPod.

Also I've noticed in the house the iPhone will connect to the car, as if the MMI wakes itself up every few hours.

It's a mixed bag, but to have it work is a bit of a joy. My key and phone can now stay in my pocket.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.

Last edited by Johnmed; 1st August 2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 1st August 2017, 04:01 PM

I always chuck the iPhone up on the vent with a magnetic mount as I use waze over and above car sat nav plus easier to control Spotify - have ordered a lead that will do AMI to aux and will see if that works - if it does for now I'm fine to work with a lead.

Can save the BT connectivity for another day when I have some more patience :-)
Old 1st August 2017, 10:37 PM

Notwithstanding the sticky label on the AMI; have you checked with the 'red screens' that the AMI is at FW level 850?

Julian

Audi A8 3.0TDI MY2005 in Midnight Blue. Gone since 2018, after 10 years!
Old 3rd August 2017, 02:03 PM

I haven't.

I shall.

:-)