A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 8th December 2015, 12:14 PM

Default For the engineers.........

I debated about sharing this but suspect some might appreciate it. The site I work at is finally closing this month, and I leave it after 29 years in April, to move onto unknown new pastures.

The site is selling off any useful assets before closure and demolition but one item I've always admired seems to have been forgotten, that item is the site deluge system pump. It's a Cummins diesel engine driven pump, the model is an NT-855-F3, a 14 litre (855 cu. in) delivering 300bhp @ 2100rpm. It can deliver 3000 gallons of water a minute and dry weight is 1.474 tonnes. It was installed here in 1985 and has ran a total of 600 hours in that time, it's barely ran in. It's been serviced annually (oil, filters, coolant changes) as determined by the insurance company, and is test run weekly as part of our preventative maintenance schedules.

The sad part, for me at least, is that if it isn't sold it'll end up in a scrap skip with the majority of the other assets, which I think is a big shame. I wouldn't know where to start looking for a potential buyer but I was hoping someone on her (David's8 or Dezzy maybe) might have an idea? I've attached a few phone pics and a PDF with the spec, thanks in advance for taking the time to read the post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151207_151336_resized.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	12191   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151207_151355_resized.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	12192   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151207_151234_resized.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	326.1 KB
ID:	12193   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151207_151251_resized.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	12194   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151208_142407.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	375.9 KB
ID:	12196   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151208_142652.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	12197  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NT855F3.pdf (512.6 KB, 284 views)

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra

Last edited by Norretal; 8th December 2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 8th December 2015, 01:06 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

That's a beast and a half.

Somewhere like this might be interested in it:
http://stuartgroup.ltd.uk/pumps/fire-pumps.php
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 8th December 2015, 01:09 PM

Boat yards and haulage would be the obvious avenues off the top of my head, obviously it's not ready to drop into a boat but I'll be surprised if that engine hasn't been converted for marine use before.

Old 8th December 2015, 01:22 PM

What a shame for you and the machinery, hope you have something else lined up.
Nice bit of kit. I currently don't know of anyone after a fire pump. Most of the stuff i'm doing at present is purpose install, so we'd have specs given and a fire pump selected to suit that.
That said there are places around that would take it off you, what sort of price you'd get i don't know, most will push hard to get it as cheep as possible. Try a website called milweb there are a load of companies that advertise on there some of these might take it. Also worth thinking about removing the pump and then you have an engine that could suit something else, truck install, maybe boat if it could be marinised.

I've been struggling to write this without wanting to cause offence but i'm not sure. But i assure you i mean to p taking when i say something like that coupled to a heavy recovery truck would be a god send in Cumbria at the moment. Pumping all day to help out. I was seriously thinking of getting some heavy equipment in for such events as they are seemingly a yearly occurrence over the last few years. I'd quite happily help out if i could, but at 35mph flat out the water would probably be containable before i got there.
But with areas close to me be being affected in the last few years i thought a (semi) fast response unit might be of some use?
Hope no one here has been too affected by it all.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 8th December 2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post

Somewhere like this might be interested in it:
http://stuartgroup.ltd.uk/pumps/fire-pumps.php
That's exactly the type of info I knew you fellas would come up with, cheers Mark

Contact made already and further information sent, it's worth a try at least

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 8th December 2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
What a shame for you and the machinery, hope you have something else lined up.
Not as yet Dezzy, I'm not giving it headroom yet, I can't leave till April so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. It's going to be a big change whatever I do, I've become somewhat institutionalized here after all that time, I'm looking forward to the challenge ahead

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 8th December 2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
You're not wrong Mark, it uses 16 gallons of fuel per hour, it's almost as thirsty as my S8

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 8th December 2015, 08:57 PM

Sorry Ron, but I dont know of anyone looking for a second hand drench system and, as I am full time retired now, I am unlikely to come across any potential candidates in the marine sector.

But it would make a hell of a power shower
Old 9th December 2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Sorry Ron, but I dont know of anyone looking for a second hand drench system and, as I am full time retired now, I am unlikely to come across any potential candidates in the marine sector.

But it would make a hell of a power shower
It's fine David, I just recall your input at times being about your marine background so I was merely looking for tips on where to look, thanks for replying anyway

As for the power shower, it does.......I've seen it in action, both intentionally and unintentionally

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 9th December 2015, 01:00 PM
Banned

First Dibs please, will make arrangements to collect asap PM Sent