A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 14th October 2011, 09:37 AM

Always keep in mind ceramic brakes are great for posing but absolutely no good for "quick" use....!
Old 14th October 2011, 10:16 AM
Banned

i have contacted them about the s8 now i may go ahead with finance on that, your w12 is a fantastic car but i doubt that you would do finance for me on that as a private sale im also going to part ex my d2 in for it
Old 14th October 2011, 10:22 AM

Go for it Guy, I can see myself getting a D3 S8 one day with, Milltek is a must.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 14th October 2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

im so exited but scared at the same time i will have to see what the finance is like first as i dont want to over stretch what i can afford will be a shame to see my d2 go if im honest
Old 14th October 2011, 10:51 AM

The only thing that worries me about finance on these cars is the value of the car will keep decreasing a fair amount, so if you were to be selling the car for say £9k in a few years when your still owing £15k on finance, so the cars gone and your still owing £6k. I dunno, someone with experience financing a car will know more then me. The only advice I can offer is, get a Milltek. I'm sure you've heard the video of that white D3 S8 with a Milltek on YouTube? Best noise I've ever heard coming from a car
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 14th October 2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
The only thing that worries me about finance on these cars is the value of the car will keep decreasing a fair amount, so if you were to be selling the car for say £9k in a few years when your still owing £15k on finance, so the cars gone and your still owing £6k. I dunno, someone with experience financing a car will know more then me. The only advice I can offer is, get a Milltek. I'm sure you've heard the video of that white D3 S8 with a Milltek on YouTube? Best noise I've ever heard coming from a car
Agree - that is seriously brutal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kfXq5uXzAM

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 14th October 2011, 12:13 PM

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 14th October 2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
The only advice I can offer is, get a Milltek. I'm sure you've heard the video of that white D3 S8 with a Milltek on YouTube? Best noise I've ever heard coming from a car
He hasnt even bought the car yet and youre already spending more of his money!!! Good man!

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 14th October 2011, 01:07 PM

That S8 sounds "awesome"

No word of a lie but two weeks ago i was getting some new brake pads fiitted by Ben and me and mike were stood at the back of my car. Ben had finished and needed to take it for a test drive so he started the engine, the noise that came from my exhaust was to our amazement was "nothing". He even reved it just before setting off and the only noise we heard was from up front from the engine. I think somebody has put it into stealth mode and i cant find the button to turn it off
Old 14th October 2011, 01:39 PM

I'm scared of the D3's air adjustable suspension, no one seems to have a simple coilover kit for it. Also there were loads of posts on Audiworld about FSI generating more gunk more quickly inside the engine (although those early D3 had the old type 4.2 engine like in the D2?)

If you ask me, get a nice cheap D2 S8 for around £5k or less (or even less if you can find one with a busted gearbox), get some proper carbon brakes all round from these guys for around £6k,
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...p?h=0&t=436594
spend around £5k on a manual gearbox conversion, you will have saved £4k compared to a £20k D3 S8 and I bet you your lighter manual D2 will be just as quick if not quicker.

I'm scared of the D3's air adjustable suspension, no one seems to have a simple coilover kit for it. Also there were loads of posts on Audiworld about FSI generating more gunk more quickly inside the engine (although those early D3 had the old type 4.2 engine like in the D2?)

If you ask me, get a nice cheap D2 S8 for around £5k or less (or even less if you can find one with a busted gearbox), get some proper carbon brakes all round from these guys for around £6k,
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...p?h=0&t=436594
spend around £5k on a manual gearbox conversion, you will have saved £4k compared to a £20k D3 S8 and I bet you your lighter manual D2 will be just as quick if not quicker.

S8 D2 manual stock - 1730kg, with carbon discs all round -18kg (effective -36) = 1694kg
S8 D3 stock - 1940kg

and if you want to go crazy like me, the plan is further £2k on titanium exhaust (-10kg), £1.8k vlotphreaks lithium battery (-16kg), £300 TT leather manual seats (-26kg), £1k ALCOA forged A6 18"alloys (-10kg including spare, effective -18).
That brings you down to a crazy 1624kg, thats less than a S4 and BMW M5 E39 and later.

Last edited by Goran; 14th October 2011 at 01:53 PM.