A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 4th December 2012, 09:27 PM

Default The Ian/Bushido/Baryonyx 1999 A8 D2 4.2 possibly for sale

Evening all,

I'm considering selling my D2 A8 4.2. I bought the car in August 2012 from Paul (Bushido) and since then have covered about 2500 miles in it.

It's a very well kept 1999 facelift A8 4.2 in silver with a black half leather/alcantara S8 interior, S8 grille, S8 18" Avus alloy wheels and wing mirror covers. It's currently on 110,000 miles, up from 108,000 when I bought it.

I've copied the spec list from Paul's advert, as follows:

S8 18" wheels
Electric slide and tilt solar panel sunroof (powers the interior fan when parked in the sun)
Double glazing
Rear(electric) and side blinds
Independent left/right climate control with icy air-con.
Excellent Bose stereo (6 disk cartridge).
Front and rear parking sensors.
Built in Sat-Nav with 2007 disk
Parking sensors front and rear
Front AND rear electric heated seats
Cruise control
Xenon lights
Ski hatch
Auto dimming rear view mirror with ambient red interior lighting.
Map Lights
Cheap car tax
"A8" personal plate included (A8 UDH)
Sump replaced, transmission oil changed.

Here is a list that Ian posted detailing the work he carried out whilst he owned it:

Installed full S8 Black Half Leather / Half alcantara interior
Fixed Xenon levelling problem
Fitted genuine S8 Ally mirrors
Fitted genuine S8 grills
Fixed broken HVAC flap motors
Fixed Screenwash level sensor
Fixed broken PDC sensor
Fixed brake pad warning light
Fixed broken Sat Nav screen
Retrieved Sat Nav code from Audi
Replaced cup holder
Replaced 'Menu button'
Replaced missing Tool kit items

It's recent history involves having been with Ian of A8parts at the start of last year, where he carried out a list of restorative work like replacing the sat nav screen etc etc. It had the cambelt, alternator belt, thermostat and waterpump changed in April last year. The previous owner, Paul, had it for a short while and put some good tyres on it.

The only issues with it are a small scratch on the front N/S door, and a failed blower motor. The heaters still work and it still demists, it just won't blow your hair about. I'm not sure if it's the motor itself or the HVAC flap control that is doing this. It hasn't stopped me using the car and, as I was (and still am, in some respects) planning on keeping this A8, it's on my 'to do' list. Potentially, on the 'December to do', saying as I held off last month for tax and MOT. The front O/S window motor failed as I was driving it home from the MT centre, and seems to have taken up working intermittently.

It's just been MOT'd until 29/11/2013 and I've just taxed it until the end of June 2013. The MOT was passed with no advisories after I had a rear spring replaced at a cost of £165.

I'd like £2500 ONO, which is slightly less than I paid for it earlier this year, before taxing it and getting it MOT'd. I may entertain offers, or a P/X towards a small hot hatch like a Peugeot 106 Rallye.

Here are a few photos of it, the poor quality iPhone ones taken by me. More photographs can be taken on request.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Baryonyx; 4th January 2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:53 AM

I've decided I do want to sell this now, partly to take the new job when the post comes up again in the summer and partly to indulge in a hot hatch.

I'd like £2500 or offers thereabouts. I am up in Newcastle Upon Tyne/Northumberland, so I may be persuaded to discount a travelling cost off the car. I will of course entertain and reply to all enquiries and offers, so please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Alternatively, I may P/X for a good Peugeot 106/306 Rallye.

Thanks for looking!

Chris
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:09 AM

I have my eye on a nice 106 Rallye not too far from me at the moment. My insurance is up in February, which will mean a renewal on the A8 at approximately £300 more than the Peugeot (£700 for the Audi, £400 for the Peugeot).

Whilst this Rallye is available, I'll lower the price here to £2200. If I miss out on the Rallye, it may go to Ebay once the snow has cleared!
Old 25th January 2013, 12:05 PM

I'd have been interested in buying this back (I was the mug who spent a grand on the car changing the cambelt, alternator belt, water pump and sold the car at a £500 loss) - though I'd only be ready to buy in the summer.

1999 4.2 V8

2008 Saab 9-5 TiD Estate 185BHP - long gone. The Merc E250 that replaced it has gone too.
Old 25th January 2013, 03:51 PM

As I say, I've not made any real efforts to move it on. And it'll be getting insured again next month so it could well still be here in the summer as I use it as my daily transport. Every time I drive it, I am reminded of it's charms. And it gets me to work in more comfort than the 106 will, and it definitely does it quicker! (the most important aspect!). Unless a replacement 106 Rallye ends up on my drive any time soon, I won't be making any more effort to sell it in the immediate future than I am now.

That said, I've always followed my heart when it comes to cars and the aching beauty of those little homologation specials is drawing me in. I will get one eventually.
Old 31st January 2013, 08:58 PM

It will also be getting 4 new tyres in the next couple of weeks. I am planning on using Camskill to order them and then get them fitted and balanced somewhere local. Not sure on what brand to go for yet, but it will comfortably knock my plans for getting a 106 Rallye back a couple of months yet, until I feel I've had some value from my new tyres (I still regret selling my MR2 Turbo with four nearly new tyres on them. They could not have had more than 1000 miles on the whole set).

Ah, I suppose there are worse cars to keep in the interim than an A8!
Old 31st January 2013, 09:08 PM

I fitted 4x Michelin Pilot Super Sports to my RS 6 plus, done 1k miles if that before I sold it. Michelin PSS are the best tyre about really, or try PS2's, and Goodyear Eagle F1 assymetrics.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 1st February 2013, 07:09 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Why spend goodmoney on good tyres if you're going to sell it? I'm sure you won't see any benefit in the selling price
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 1st February 2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
I fitted 4x Michelin Pilot Super Sports to my RS 6 plus, done 1k miles if that before I sold it. Michelin PSS are the best tyre about really, or try PS2's, and Goodyear Eagle F1 assymetrics.
Amar, as someone who has comsiderable experience with "all things 8" do you mind me asking why these brands are your choices, or are they your choices for any car you own? The reason I ask is I'm soon to be purchasing 20" tyres and have been advised to buy Dunlop SP Sport 01 as the best option for my car, in terms of grip, wear and value for money. What are the best tyres you've experienced on any 8 and would highly recommend? I don't do loads of miles and also don't want to pay through the nose for high performance tyres when I'm not really one for tearing about and pushing the car to it's limits.

Any advice would be appreciated, from you or anyone for that matter

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 1st February 2013, 08:12 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

There's a fairly recent thread on tyres here: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=980&page=6
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).