A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 6th August 2017, 04:19 PM

Default 2003 A6 3.0 ASN for sale, spares/repair

Hi guys.

I have an A6 2003 with 3.0 ASN engine and 5 speed auto. Bodywork and interior are excellent. I bought the car last year from a dealer (Parc cars in dundee), however before I even got home it started misfiring. Cue a long legal battle, unfortunately the dealer knew the process inside out and stalled continuously, wouldnt accept my engineer's report etc and then when ytaking the car for another engineers report the engine seized. The oil pick up strainer in the sump was clogged solid and for some reason (I suspect foul play) the car never gave any warnings of low oil pressure.

Having put a boroscope down the plug holes, i suspect the misfire was caused by a head gasket failure into number two cylinder, which also kept blowing coil packs (two in the 90 miles or so I actually drove the thing). Anyway, long story short, my lawyer told me I was ****ing into the wind trying to get my money back so I gave up and the car has sat in my workshop ever since. I was going to fix it, but couldnt be bothered, i was going to break it but couldnt be bothered.

If anyone is interested, make me an offer. It has a good 5hp19 box which could go into a D2 so I would ideally be looking for the value of a good second hand 5hp19 for the car and the buyer could probably make more than that by breaking the rest. If anyone is interested, or interested in parts off of it - I might still break it, PM me.

gill