A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 27th March 2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
Craig should be coming to the annual meet (like he did a couple of years ago) if you can make that, so hopefully he will do some key cutting there for those that want it
That's good news, I'll be in the market for new keys as I only have one which is looking quite tired now. Neil, do you know if Craig takes card/paypal or is it cash only? Would need to come prepared.

Would it be worth making a new thread for those wanting keys cut so Craig knows in advance?
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 27th March 2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-p View Post
That's good news, I'll be in the market for new keys as I only have one which is looking quite tired now. Neil, do you know if Craig takes card/paypal or is it cash only? Would need to come prepared.

Would it be worth making a new thread for those wanting keys cut so Craig knows in advance?
We will do as soon as he confirms he's definitely coming
He's known about it for some time but we are still finalising all details . . .

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 27th March 2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Craig should be coming to the annual meet (like he did a couple of years ago) if you can make that, so hopefully he will do some key cutting there for those that want it
Cool, can't make that unfortunately. But if anyone down here wants it done and can't make it let me know and I'll let Craig know.

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.
Old 27th March 2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Blueeyes View Post
He's quoted me £150 for two Bentley style keys, which sound a bargain!
That's what I paid for them back in 2015, and they are a good solid chunky key.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 27th March 2018, 05:49 PM

I'd be interested in something better to handle than the Audi keyless key for the D3.s..... If he's figured how to do these now.
Old 28th March 2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
I'd be interested in something better to handle than the Audi keyless key for the D3.s..... If he's figured how to do these now.
I'll ask if he's got the (very expensive) updated equipment he was looking at to do that

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 29th March 2018, 03:52 PM

If I could upgrade my D3's keys, I may actually make the annual meet!

2008 Audi S8
Old 29th March 2018, 06:45 PM

Don't want to frighten you all off but I'll be there with Gwen who will as ever be in charge. Therefore no shenaningans from me.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 29th March 2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I'll ask if he's got the (very expensive) updated equipment he was looking at to do that
If Craig does have it, any photos of what style keys he can do for the D3? It was your photo of the Bentley key that persuaded me to get them for the D2.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 31st March 2018, 11:24 PM

I've tried to get hold of Craig from down here a couple of times.
I've got a tame locksmith down here who can cut the keys and program the immo for me, so I'd like him to supply me with a couple of Bentley blanks.
We got as far as part nos and chassis numbers to make sure we got the right remote frequency and transponder combo, but then he hasn't been back in touch.

I would really like him to supply me the uncut keys, as you guys have been raving about their quality!
I'd be happy for someone else to send them to me if he doesn't want to do it himself... Michaela?

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)