A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 3rd July 2015, 11:08 AM

Exclamation Much too close

Despite the country seeming to enjoy record breaking temperatures we in a part of the north east endured what was termed as a "super cell" of stormy weather on Wednesday evening and overnight. A heavy rainstorm, lightning and the loudest thunder I've ever heard in all my years at 15:30 was followed a few hours later by hailstones the size of golfballs in some areas. No further than a mile from me a relatives nearly new car was dented on the roof and bonnet by these hailstones, as were many more based on local news reports. A work colleague showed me his car which had been in the path and it looks like it's been tapped repeatedly with a ball pein hammer

Thankfully, after close inspection last night, I was fortunate that the S8 was avoided, but I count myself extremely lucky knowing the path this downpour took, way too close for comfort. There was a further storm after midnight which saw amazing lightning which made it seem like daylight outside (local photo attached)

Do I feel partly guilty for contributing to global warming by driving a fuel hungry car..............do I heck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11667472_10205929908781382_3113167747742895410_n[1].jpg
Views:	247
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	11267  

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra