A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 26th February 2009, 09:10 PM

Default New Car!

Just picked her up, shes a 2001 January registered S8, so no £400 a year tax. She is in immaculate conidition and the owner had just had the cambelt, waterpump, tensioner and service carried out at Audi at the cost of around £2,000 less then 1k miles ago. She has also just had four new Bridgestone tyres put on her. I got her at a good price although unfortunately it has a low spec apart from the TV. But there are some extras I can't live without coming from a highly spec'd PF A8. So I am getting A8 parts to fit Solar, Bose & Blinds in March, hopefully I will see you then Ian. Will get some piccies up soon.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 26th February 2009, 09:16 PM

sounds awesome mate cant wait to see some pics of it

www.facebook.com/obdworks
full genuine ross-tech vcds
full genuine vag- tacho
full genuine mpps flash mapping
Old 26th February 2009, 09:41 PM

That does sound awesome!! Is this the one from Swindon that you mentioned?

Can't wait for the pictures either
Old 26th February 2009, 09:46 PM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

Top move Singh. welcome to the 8 elite!

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
1997 4.2 A8SQ - the Projekt. 12 years and ongoing!
1997 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. Restoration sat waiting; saved from the Scrapyard
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.
2005 C5 Allroad 2.5TDi FE - Grey - Workhorse.
2015 Q3QS SLine - Daytona Grey. Lots of extras! Long Haired Admirals cutter.

Previously
2003 C5 A6 1.9TDI FWD - Loaner from D2 Doctor Lifex
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
2003 2.8 A8SQ - powder blueish. Fill in for a while. Sold on.
1998 1.8T A4 Avant FWD. Ming Blue (there's a theme here), PEX for the 97 S8.
And a list of non VAG going back 40 years before I saw the light.
Old 27th February 2009, 12:07 AM

Just been out driving it, I Love it! The improvements they have made over the pre facelift although subtle make a huge diffrence. The power on tap is so useable, I haven't properly put my foot down, I feel no need to there is so much power low down, glad I went for it in the end. The only thing putting me off was the colour, a dark green. But it is growing on me and at the price and condition I got it at, I cannot complain. The bloke even put a full tank of fuel for me before I collected it! I'm really chuffed, I did have a look at a D3 but I prefer the D2.
Oli - I decided to go for a facelift in the end, although the one in Swindon does seem like a good buy.

Anyway, some pictures I took about 20 mins ago...

The trusty old 97 4.2 QS, Someones coming down to collect her on Saturday, going to miss her. I thought there was something up with the gearbox but I reset it holding the accelrator down for 20 secs, and she drives flawlessly.

Hope you like the new motor folks, and I will have it at the meet on the 7th
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S8 YGX.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	85   Click image for larger version

Name:	YGX2.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	86   Click image for larger version

Name:	Int S8.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	87   Click image for larger version

Name:	R432A8.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	88  
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 27th February 2009, 03:24 AM

Looks in great condition Singh and I think the colour is more unusual but actually quite like it - the silver mirrors look good against the green! sounds like you got a great deal and enjoy the new car!

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 27th February 2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post

She's a beauty Singh!

Is this the one from Birmingham, 122k ish? Sorry to be nosy, i had a look at a few in search of a new A8 Facelift myself and this one looks familiar.

If so, it's a great looking car. I've always liked it in dark green with the beige leather.

Who knows, some of the parts i.e. Bose, blinds, etc from my old 3.7QS might end up in yours seeing as they're the same colour!

-Oli

PS - if you go through the hassle of putting that all in, i would really recommend getting A8 parts to run an AV cable from the tuner to the centre console so you can input your own devices, i.e. MP3, Video players, etc.

Last edited by Oli18; 27th February 2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 27th February 2009, 07:47 AM

Yep, its the same one you were looking at Oli, I remember you posted a link to it. He let it go for £4.5k in the end and considering he had spent so much money on her, It was a bargain! He was a big Audi nut and had just brought a new A8 4.2 and Bentley Conti GT which were parked up on the drive, so had looked after the car no expense spared. I was actually hoping that some of your bits might end up in my car, seeing as yours was in such good condition. I was maybe hoping for your leather but the alcantara is growing on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli18 View Post
She's a beauty Singh!

Is this the one from Birmingham, 122k ish? Sorry to be nosy, i had a look at a few in search of a new A8 Facelift myself and this one looks familiar.

If so, it's a great looking car. I've always liked it in dark green with the beige leather.

Who knows, some of the parts i.e. Bose, blinds, etc from my old 3.7QS might end up in yours seeing as they're the same colour!

-Oli

PS - if you go through the hassle of putting that all in, i would really recommend getting A8 parts to run an AV cable from the tuner to the centre console so you can input your own devices, i.e. MP3, Video players, etc.
Old 27th February 2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
Yep, its the same one you were looking at Oli, I remember you posted a link to it. He let it go for £4.5k in the end and considering he had spent so much money on her, It was a bargain! He was a big Audi nut and had just brought a new A8 4.2 and Bentley Conti GT which were parked up on the drive, so had looked after the car no expense spared. I was actually hoping that some of your bits might end up in my car, seeing as yours was in such good condition. I was maybe hoping for your leather but the alcantara is growing on me.

Awesome car and great value too!

Can't wait to see it in the flesh!

-Oli

PS- if you're on Flickr, be sure to post some to the Audi A8/S8 group here - we don't have any green ones yet and yours will be a worthwhile addition

Last edited by Oli18; 27th February 2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 27th February 2009, 08:43 AM

Hi Oli, sorry not on Flickr, but please do post some pics on my behalf