A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 18th November 2013, 02:08 PM

Default Telephone Control Unit - location?

Hello,

Does anyone know where the telephone control unit is located on a 2006 (D3) S8? Mine has gone faulty and I need to replace it. Not covered by my warranty unfortunately. Is it easy to get at/replace?

Thanks

Richardracer
2006 Audi S8 V10 Now Sold. Akoya Silver with black/grey leather, standard 20" wheels, hybrid TV, Bang & Olufssen audio, Heated seats front and rear, Dension ipod integration, DAB radio, keyless entry, rear electric blind, bluetooth connection to Apple iphone6S. Started at 60,000 miles end April 12. Now 171,500 miles as at Oct 2017. Now sold to fellow forum member.
Old 18th November 2013, 02:24 PM

Not too bad to get to... It's under the carpet in front of the passenger seat (unless it moved in the FL). You need to undo the bolts that hold the seat down and move the carpet forward, possibly take out the plastic scuff plate for the door frame too.

The actual swap should take 2 seconds.

I know.. I know..

Old 18th November 2013, 02:37 PM

If you referring to bluetooth module then you don't have to undo anything

I'm doing that at the minute coz it went wrong after MMI update.

Just unclip the door/edge (bottom) where door seal is and pull it up. Its a quiet rigid piece of carpet. Fold first quarter (start from under the glove box) then fold it again and just use some force to fold and kind of raise a bit the whole piece up.

You will get it, very easy, just need some force, don't worry you wont tear or damage anything, it will come back to normal with no problem.

Then there is a black box (if you referring to bluetooth , unclip the cover and unit is there, unplug, plug the new one, close the lid, fold the carpet back, clip the edge trim back you are done.

NOTE. If you doing it because it went wrong during MMI update, then you can't just replace with another one.
You've got to make sure that not only part number is same but also SW number as well. Even the last letter needs to be same as your one. This is teh only way to get it working again if driver was lost during the update.

It took me 10months to find the exact same one, and it was actually this morning when I found it. on top of it abroad for something like 80quid !!!!! Fraction of a cost in here.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten

Last edited by M-A8; 18th November 2013 at 02:40 PM.