A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 16th December 2013, 10:41 AM

Default Weird no air issue

Hi everyone,

So every so often, the climate system will not allow any air through the vents. I had the codes read and climate reset and all was well yet occasionally, the same problem occurs.

Fans adjust their speed but no amount of toggling the flap positions allow fresh air in. Other times it works just fine after being left alone and the car switched off etc.

Is a fresh air flap sticking? Bet it's a real ball ache to access....
Old 16th December 2013, 12:33 PM

No air from ALL the face vents? Or just the middle two or outer two? If its just the middle two (each side of the MMI screen) then my first guess would be to have a look at the cylindrical plastic thing which allows air into the cabin and then revolves to block the flow when not, which is housed under the cabin air filter at the back of the engine bay.

Also, might be a stupid question...but do you have the climate or air flow set to 'AUTO'? If so, the car will just do it's own thing and and shut off which vents it chooses, whenever it likes. I hate Auto!
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 16th December 2013, 02:51 PM

When it's playing up, no air from anywhere! Max defrost for example, you can hear the blowers going full whack but no air into the car at all. Yeah I do usually use auto and when it's working there's no problem with air flow from anywhere. Weird... Thanks for all help and comments
Old 16th December 2013, 02:55 PM

Max defrost will only blast the windscreen for as long as you leave it on, not face or foot vents. Just try having AUTO mode OFF and adjust both side's air flow to come out the face vents only for a few minutes and see whether it flows or not...
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 16th December 2013, 03:21 PM

Yup, I see exactly what you're saying thanks... What I'm trying to say in short it, it doesn't matter whether it's on auto, defrost, face vents anywhere... Whichever function is selected means I can't get any air into the cabin at all... From any opening, as it were...!!